Old 12-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I had forgotten to mention this! -- This is what actually sold me on the policy. As I understand it, they will give you new for totaled RV for the first 5 years, after that, what you paid for the RV. Sweet Deal IMHO!
This was a great perk for buying their insurance but the deal was sealed by cost... Farmers wanted over $1000 and GS was just over $400. They will also insure my class 8 truck, something farmers would never do.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Newly retired and ready

Maybe I can help shed some light on this thread, having spent 32 years in the insurance business and the last 23 of those years with Allied Insurance (the company mentioned in the first thread). I retired two years ago and am living the good life and enjoying the freedom to camp whenever and as long as I want.
First and foremost, I believe Good Sam Insurance is NOT and insurance company. They are an insurance agency. As is the case with a lot of insurance agencies, they represent more than one company that they can place business with.
Good Sam Insurance like most agencies wants the best price and best coverage possible for their members to choose from so they decide based on those and other factors what companies to represent.
While I can't speak for all of the companies that Good Sam Ins. has I can tell you that if you have a policy with Allied Insurance and have a claim, Allied will settle the claim, not Good Sam. That being said and not trying to turn this into a commercial I can tell you as a person who has had their car, home, RV, and umbrella covered with Allied for over 30 years, they are tops when it comes to claims service. Are there horror stories from people out there who have felt they received bad claims service, sure. Are there just as many who felt like they got great service, you bet.
Some of the threads mentioned some great coverages that they got from Good Sam. Again those coverages are offered by the carrier, not Good Sam. Good Sam again wanting to offer the best they can to their members would only partner with companies that really know the RV business and offer some special coverages tailored to uss campers. The same with pricing. Companies such as Allied will also offer special rates to members of certain organizations. In this case Good Sam members get a discount for being members of Good Sam. A discount that the regular Allied agents may not be able to give their customers. I am guessing some of the other companies Good Sam Ins. represents also offer some special pricing.
Didn't mean to make this replay so long, just wanted to help clarify and answer some of the questions in this thread. Good Sam Ins. is a great organization and I would not hesitate to talk to them about insuring my RV.

Gary, Susan, and Molly(the dog)
2007 Ford F-250 V10
2010 Flagstaff 8524 RLS
Gl111349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl111349 View Post
Maybe I can help shed some light on this thread, having spent 32 years in the insurance business and the last 23 of those years with Allied Insurance (the company mentioned in the first thread). I retired two years ago and am living the good life and enjoying the freedom to camp whenever and as long as I want.
First and foremost, I believe Good Sam Insurance is NOT and insurance company. They are an insurance agency. As is the case with a lot of insurance agencies, they represent more than one company that they can place business with.
Good Sam Insurance like most agencies wants the best price and best coverage possible for their members to choose from so they decide based on those and other factors what companies to represent.
While I can't speak for all of the companies that Good Sam Ins. has I can tell you that if you have a policy with Allied Insurance and have a claim, Allied will settle the claim, not Good Sam. That being said and not trying to turn this into a commercial I can tell you as a person who has had their car, home, RV, and umbrella covered with Allied for over 30 years, they are tops when it comes to claims service. Are there horror stories from people out there who have felt they received bad claims service, sure. Are there just as many who felt like they got great service, you bet.
Some of the threads mentioned some great coverages that they got from Good Sam. Again those coverages are offered by the carrier, not Good Sam. Good Sam again wanting to offer the best they can to their members would only partner with companies that really know the RV business and offer some special coverages tailored to uss campers. The same with pricing. Companies such as Allied will also offer special rates to members of certain organizations. In this case Good Sam members get a discount for being members of Good Sam. A discount that the regular Allied agents may not be able to give their customers. I am guessing some of the other companies Good Sam Ins. represents also offer some special pricing.
Didn't mean to make this replay so long, just wanted to help clarify and answer some of the questions in this thread. Good Sam Ins. is a great organization and I would not hesitate to talk to them about insuring my RV.
Thanks for the information Gary! I'm glad to hear you had a great career and are now enjoying the good life (camping). You made me feel good about my decision to go with Allied thru GS Insurance. I just received my package from Allied today.

2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam