Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #41

Everything we own is with State Farm but they were super expensive for RV insurance and they didn't offer very good coverage. So I started investigating. USAA had a wonderful reputation but we are not military. I ended up using Blue Sky Insurance and have been very happy with them!
jakomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #42

USAA is underwriting with Progressive Insurance. My policy was changed in 2006 to Progressive but I'm okay with it since Progressive in a good insurance.

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #43

I like Good Sam. Good coverage fair price and you can call them a say it is in storage and the price drops.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Just this very week I looked into Good Sam insurance for the RV...within 30 seconds of getting my online quote the phone rang. I let the salesperson go through the whole deal until I had to stop her and let her know the quote was 1,000.00 more a year than I pay now! Something had to be wrong they insisted and went thought it all over again. Nope. Nearly 1400 a year. What a joke.
I tried getting an on-line quote from them just this afternoon... I put my info in and got a notice that I could not get an on-line quote for North Carolina. I tried using the on-line chat feature and they just kept trying to get my phone number so they could call me to give me a quote.

I called my current auto insurance agent (Met Life) and had a quote of $44/year within about 3 minutes.

Not sure why Good Sam (National) was so reluctant to offer me the on-line service since they tout it on the web page.

Needless to say I went ahead with the Met Life coverage.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Can't say good or bad on working with them for a claim (have had none), but Good Sam's rates are excellent and we have them.
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC View Post
I tried getting an on-line quote from them just this afternoon... I put my info in and got a notice that I could not get an on-line quote for North Carolina. I tried using the on-line chat feature and they just kept trying to get my phone number so they could call me to give me a quote.

I called my current auto insurance agent (Met Life) and had a quote of $44/year within about 3 minutes.

Not sure why Good Sam (National) was so reluctant to offer me the on-line service since they tout it on the web page.

Needless to say I went ahead with the Met Life coverage.
I pay 200.00/ 165.00 a year through good sam. To be honest i would be afraid of a policy that only cost me $44/year.Just say'n.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam