Old 10-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

Good Sam's Insurance ?

I am looking at switching my current TT insurance from State Farm to Good Sam’s….Does anyone use Good Sam’s or recommend them ? One of the reasons for the switch is the coverage provided. I'm still doing research on the subject like the contents...etc. the deductibles are the same for both policies and the overall cost is the same for both.

According to State Farm my trailer a 2016 Rockwood 2703 is being covered for $33,175 I am being told that in the event of a total loss that the actual cash value is replacement coast minus depreciation.

The Good Sam’s policy I am looking at provided full replacement value in the first five years (Of Model Year) if my TT is a total loss. Meaning I will get a new 2018 Rockwood 2703 after the five years I am being told I will get purchase price if a total loss which will stay in effect for the lifetime of the policy.

Any input would be appreciated on the subject...I know there are alot of variables with policies but not sure which ones are the most important or what to look for...Not a good feeling when you don't know what your paying for

TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #2

I just checked with all the major RV insurers and Progressive gave me the best deal. $100 cheaper per year than Good Sam including the same replacement coverage.

TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
I just checked with all the major RV insurers and Progressive gave me the best deal. $100 cheaper per year than Good Sam including the same replacement coverage.
Thanks for the tip...I just called Progressive and I'm waiting to get a quote checking on some other's as well.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #4

I'll use any company but Good Sam
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I'll use any company but Good Sam

I went through G.S. for a few years, I believe the actual company was National General. Not a good experience, won't be using them again.
WERA #13
'17 Work and Play 25WB
'11 F350 DRW
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #6

You are correct. State Farm doesn't sell RV insurance like Good Sam. The replace value is what I call real RV insurance. I have know two people who just added their new RV's to their auto policy and one was in an accident and the other had damage due to wind. Both were totaled and their insurance company didn't pay what was owed on the RV's.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #7

I have had Good Sam RV insurance for six years without a problem. They are also the cheapest that I can find.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #8

Good Sam Insurance

We’ve had Good Sam insurance for the last 7 years on our Moterhome(s) and have never had an issue with them. We’ve found their pricing to be very competitive with all other insurance companies but the thing that makes them “shine” over the others is that when we are not using our motorhome - like over the winter months - we can put our policy “to sleep”, meaning we only pay for the comprehensive part of our policy during this timeframe. It has to be parked in your driveway and you don’t move it. When we get ready to use it again in the Spring, we simply give them a call and full coverage is activated. We feel this is a really good “bonus” option for us.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #9
Just A Member

Big rip off. First year, great rate, sucked me in. Second year, doubled in price. Third year, huge price increase again. That was enough for me. Their explanation, I didn't take any of their premium offers so they had to up the rate. All done with Good Sam.
ckeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #10

The owner of Camping World and Good Sam’s said he doesn’t want our business
kenword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenword View Post

X2
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #12

X3
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #13

RV Insurance

Can some of you recommend a good RV Insurance? We had ours with State Farm for a number of years but switched to National General. Their rate does keep going up for sure, just got the policy renewal and it jumped a lot. We do put it in storage every year about the time of renewal and take it out in the spring so basically we have 5 months in storage and 7 months out. I really like this feature, but willing to change for a good policy. Never had a claim.

2013 36CKTS
Cedar Creek Touring
2014 Chevy 4x4 2500HD Duramax Diesel
flattyattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #14

Try an online quote with Progressive
Old 10-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #15

I don't think Marcus owns National General. You can go directly to the National General website and Order their product. They offer discounts if you belong to certain groups, and other common Insurance type discounts. I suspect if you were to order General Insurance using some sort of Link or code from Marcus, he may get some sort of kick back, but I am not certain.

With that said, I am a customer of National General. I ordered directly. The reason I chose them is the replacement part of their policy. I am heading into my second year, and my second year rate went up less than 10%.

Insurance rates are fairly well regulated, so I have to believe a jump as some described such as doubling a rate or even a 50% increase, has to do with some other source, not just an increase based on a new term.

I'm not saying National General is the best insurance for an RV, it just worked well for me. My other insurance is through State Farm, and State Farm did not offer what I needed for RV. For those who do not use their RV on a regular basis year-round, the ability to easily set your insurance in a non using situation seems like a great feature.

National General, for those who are curious, is the next evolution in what used to be GMAC Insurance. It is easy to find out who controls the company by searching for their stock ticker information.

Before my policy was up, I researched different policies again. One of the interesting choices was through FMCA, where they apparently take your information and give you a quote based on the best price they can get from several sources. I believe one of those sources is National General as well. Interesting Lee enough they quoted me a progressive rate which was less than National General, but did not include the coverages and limits I prefer.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #16

I had Progressive insurance and I saw CW advertising insurance that changed from storage to travel. I tried it until I had to take my MH out of storage for a 2 week trip. Only problem was once I take it out of storage I received an incredible rate increase, so I cancelled and returned to Progressive.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenword View Post
X4
ksmith954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #18

x5

We have our auto insurance through USAA so called them. They do not write RV insurance, but use Progressive. The USAA rep at Progressive was VERY knowledgeable and their quote was much better than others we checked. If you belong to USAA, I would suggest going through them.
BeachBumJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #19

I switched from State Farm for 5th wheel , wife’s car, and my truck. Got better coverage and $1200/ year savings. Good Sams is an Insurance Broker and they work a Underwriter and quote based on you. I was very happy with all aspects of them and the switch. I was with State Farm for 30+ years and was nervous about if I have a claim so also bought Accident Forgiveness. I didn’t want to go with Progressive because their commercials annoy me 🤡🤡. Good Luck.
dougsavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #20

National General is the insurance co that offer the in and out insurance under GS. It might be good if your RV stays in storage 6 months out of the year but if you like to go out on a trip every couple of months it sucks.

gs

poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam, insurance