Now some quick questions I have:
1. How much time should I expect the PDI to take?
as long as you need
2. Should I expect all items to be looked at? (Similar to a punch list)
3. Should all equipment be tested and operated in my presence?
4. Should a test drive with unit attached to tow vehicle be performed prior to leaving dealership? (This will ensure WDH and brake controller are set correctly)good idea..but they should check it out before you leave with it
5. What if something does not work during PDI, should I expect all corrections made prior to leaving dealership?
Yes.if you really dont like something I would leave it,if not take it home
6. Should the unit be spotless freshly cleaned at pickup?Yes
7. Should it be clear to me what is factory installed versus dealer installed?
8. How many keys should I get? (sets)
9. Should I bring my own lock set for the hitch / receiver / trailer ball? If so what will I need?
I purchased 2 units in the last 2 years. Both times dealer did not set up wdh correctly
I even climb up on the roof of mine. Ask many many questions and still missed a few things. Both times I was there for several hours.My dealer kept adding ups and extra $$$ that I didnt agree too so watch the paper work! Have fun enjoy!