Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

Help in buying a Windjammer

I really like the Windjammers and am currently leaning toward the 3001. I plan on hitting some shows in February and then ordering. Any recommendations regarding options to get and/or places to buy would be greatly appreciated. While we have a local Rockwood dealer, I am unknowledgable about good wholesale dealers that are in a respectable distance. We live in central Arkansas. Thanks for any input in helping us make the best decisions.
ojnark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2

We have the table and chairs rather than the booth style dinette. We really like this feature which also allowed us to get the atrium windows. I would suggest getting the larger A/C unit as well.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

We were in the same boat earlier this year. It came down to the 3065 and the 3001. We went with the 3001 with atrium windows, 15K ac, power stabs, vent covers, counter extension and slide covers. To date we've used the counter extension once, basically just to prove it works. I put in a oxygenics shower head and my Barker VIP power jack.

We also went with the table and chairs, but from what I've seen so far, resealing the table top is a project for next spring.

Check my previous posts and other photos I've uploaded here.

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #4

We purchased the 3008 from our local dealer at a rv show with a factory sales rep present. We got all our questions answered and we received a lower price quote than any [rv wholesaler] that we internet shopped. If you decide to buy long distance, any dealer or rv wholesaler can have your rv delivered anywhere,not recommended though for obvious reasons. As far as options we ordered: atrium slide,15k a/c,slide out awnings, table&chairs, minimal carpet throughout, outside stove and outside grill. given the poor track record of the 12vdc tounge jack and stab jacks we decided to save the money on these options and went with the manual versions,carry a battery drill with a 3/4 socket if you dont want to crank, we also bought our recliners a lot cheaper at a local la-z-boy outlet.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
We were in the same boat earlier this year. It came down to the 3065 and the 3001. We went with the 3001 with atrium windows, 15K ac, power stabs, vent covers, counter extension and slide covers. To date we've used the counter extension once, basically just to prove it works. I put in a oxygenics shower head and my Barker VIP power jack.

We also went with the table and chairs, but from what I've seen so far, resealing the table top is a project for next spring.

Check my previous posts and other photos I've uploaded here.
Yeah on our first trip someone set a bowl of hot oatmeal on the table which left a large white circle. We found a way (thanks Google) to get rid of it using a wet towel and an iron. Now we have a tablecloth on it.
mike1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
Wanna Be Camper

We have a V-Lite 30WRLS (3001) and love it. Wish we would have got the 15k air though. Also +1 for table and chairs and we ditched our rockers and bought a set of leather rocker recliners with ottomans that are used in the Sabre 5vers (now the problem is staying awake to enjoy any movies at night). We also stayed away from the power stabilizers as they are way too slow for me and it only takes DW a matter of minutes to drop the manual ones with an old 19.2v craftsman drill I don't use any more. Someday when I am unable to crank the tongue jack easily myself I may upgrade to a power unit but again it only takes a healthy person a matter of a minute to set it properly by hand.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Windjammer 3001

I purchased my 3001W from a show in Syracuse NY so I was not able to order any up grades. However the dealer had added everything I would have put on except the larger Air. I like the looks of the atrium windows from the outside but would not have ordered them. From the inside I don't see any advantage in them. I like the standard windows and the extra ventilation. The unit came with the tan leather recliners and I love them. The counter extension is a great item to have. I am not happy with the air mattress on the sofa bed. The first time we used it I had to repair a leak. The dealer would only offer a repair and said the factory would not give me a new one. I am still pursuing this. For an old guy I like the electric jack stand and stabilizers. I also ungraded the battery to a larger deep cycle and a larger box. I am also going to add a second pair of tail lights to match the existing ones. I have done this on several of my other trailers. I also rewired the water heater with a internal switch with a on light. I would also recommend vent covers,they are great. You will need a large capacity for the bath cover exhaust fan. Sorry for the rant but I thought you should get as much input as possible. Regards; Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:47 AM   #8

Depending on your needs - we chose the 3002 for the 1 1/2 bath feature and the sleeping capabilities w/ the king dinette & air bed in the couch plus the double sink in the front bath. If you like the 3001 I would compare it to the Rockwood 8319 floorplan. Similar closet space but w/ the dbl bath sinks it was our choice until we walked into the 3002. We ordered the Lazyboy recliner, thermo windows, 15K a/c (must have if you will be camping around your state or So MO in summer). Also got slide toppers to help cut heat from summer sun from input from others on this forum. I like the king dinette for leaning back working on the 'puter while watching TV. One downside on the Jammer's is only getting one battery to fit and getting to the propane tanks can be a finger "jammer". Can't compare towing v-nose vs. regular nose since this is my first. It did tow nice once we got out of the crosswinds.

Regarding "wholesale" dealers - just check the online wholesale ones and use them as your guide. Then shop your dealers. When I did make a decision on floorplan/options I did most of my communication with Dwight via email. First time we met was when I drove to the dealership to sign for order. He made me a very good deal and also good pricing on my hitch. $2K less than any west coast deals. Highly recommend DJRV and Dwight Brown in Bolivar, MO.

Jim
Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #9

Rebel702 I have a free standing dinette with a pull out leaf. What is a green? Thanks; Frank
Old 11-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #10

A green(many of them) is what you give to the dealer when purchasing!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #11

Timex: That darn computer keeps making mistakes. I think I need a new one. It should have said what is a queen free standing dinette. Thanks; Frank
Old 11-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #12

Oh, that's where the DW sits for the evening meal! If it's like my DW, it's not free and she's not standing!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglelover View Post
Timex: That darn computer keeps making mistakes. I think I need a new one. It should have said what is a queen free standing dinette. Thanks; Frank
If your question is what is a "king dinette" it is the banquet booth that wraps around the back. The "throne room" is something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_11_12-5218.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	9405  

Tags
buying advice, windjammer