View Poll Results: Do you pay for Storage?
Keep at home 148 50.86%
Pay for Storage 143 49.14%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #161
Stored in my climate controlled "barn" with the other gas eating beasts

zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #162
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
My mom lets me keep it in her yard, and believe me, I pay!!!
Sye, is that why your always on the road. 110 days last year/ 75 days already and 38 more to go. Trying to keep pay backs to mom down?

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #163
I pay 70.00 per month on a month to month basis (so only use from November through March, April if weather is still bad) for indoor storage. Not heated, but out of the snow and those rays from the sun since there's no shade and the snow makes those rays reflect all sorts of ways. Makes me feel a little better about having it inside. We try to use it enough in the summer it doesn't pay to be in storage, although this year we're expecting another baby and camping has been light as the DW doesn't feel as excited to go all the time.
Loving our Sierra 365SAQ

Nights camped so far in 2016 = 0

Although Many trips scheduled.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #164
Is There somebody out there with some spare space??

We just bought a Crusader 31ft 5er and live in one of those 55+ gated communities in Florida (Oak Run Ocala) where there are more regulations than you can shake a stick at.
We're paying over $50 per month for storage in our compound, very lax security, no security cams as far as I know, anybody can get in and out during the day, and gates only locked at around 10pm.
Would dearly love to find somebody around here who would be willing to provide us some space to store. There are lots of farms, small plots around here where I am sure the owners would be grateful for a few extra $ - the trouble is finding them - tried Craig's list, local papers etc.. but so far very little response.
Richbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #165
We live in an HOA community and no RV parking in the neighborhood. So, we pay $300 per month for 48' enclosed storage stall with garage opener, 30 amp power, security gate, security cameras, RV wash and waste dump stations. Yes, it is expensive, but the cheapest we could find in the Portland, OR area.
Steve and Paula
Tiki (Our Papillon Kid) RIP Chance
2015 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW, 6.7L, 4x4,
Hensley TS3, 20k hitch
2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA-7, fully loaded
Nights camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-97
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #166
$50.00 a month, security cams and 24-7 access. Also don't pay for months I'm not there, like next winter. Also about 10 minutes from home.
Paul & Cindy Lucier
Whiting, NJ
RVPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #167
$32.50 a month at our membership campground. We call them, and they put it on a campsite for $15.00. Many members don't even have a tow vehicle.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #168
WOW!! I would never have a camper if I had to store it away from my house!
Cameras or not they will not catch the thieves if they get in!!

HOA's are bull crap, never in a million years would I live in one of those neighborhoods. I would move away before that would happen.

I can't believe people, letting them tell you what you can and can not do. What has happened to the American dream?

They are rapidly removing the places we can go and then they pack us in like sardines when we can.

I remember camping when there was not a single sole for miles. Times are not that good anymore.

Sorry for the rant, but people have got to stand up or you will be camping in the same place every year and our kids will never see what is out there!!
Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #169
I use to keep our 34 foot RockWood at home next to the garage but we sold our house and had to live in it for 4 months, while we were waiting for our new house to be complete a tree feel on our camper wile we were inside, just two weeks till settlement.
Now we have been in the house for 3 years we store our camper in a storage lot.
Our camper was totaled, but have a 2013 5th wheel now, it's 31 foot and we pay a $1.00 a foot per month.
We just had some bad luck, a bad storm came up two weeks ago and shingles blew off of there mini storage building and the shingles hit our camper causing damage to the camper. It is at Camping World waiting for an estimate.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #170
Before you diss HOAs too much... I live in such a neighborhood, and I'm glad I do. I had to sue a next-door neighbor once because he bought the lot between us... and installed a quail farm... We were in a restricted neighborhood, but had no HOA. The entire cost of the suit fell on us, even though we were actually protecting all the property values in the subdivision... and the SOB filed bankruptcy to keep from having to pay my attorney fees... and his own. It was a year of hell with late night hang-ups, problems with his kids, and every other hassle you can think of. Luckily they were forced to move because his bankruptcy caused his home to be foreclosed...

My HOA allows 48 hours for RVs for cleaning, and make-ready for trips... but not storage outside a building, that has to match the house. My TT is in covered, gated storage with paved drives and heavy gravel pads. Tax and all it's $71.52 per month. It's not enclosed but the sun/rain/snow/hail never hits it. It's about 15 minutes from the house. The only things they could do to make this a better facility would be to add a wash facility and a compressor. Finding a low tire on the TV is no problem as I have a big compressor at home. The drive is so steep, the TT won't make it down without dragging so I always have to borrow a small compressor or go by the friendly neighborhood Discount Tire before heading out... They added a dump station last month and a pass lane just outside the gate for better in/out traffic control. That's not a bad deal...

J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote