View Poll Results: Do you pay for Storage?
Keep at home 148 50.86%
Pay for Storage 143 49.14%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #31

I just had a garage built in my backyard for my coach (I have a post on this board showing its progress....just had doors installed this week). Previously paid about $90 a month for a covered spot with 15 amp power, got broken into 3 times over a 4 year period. So now my baby will be home with me, looking forward to NOT having to bring it to the storage lot when I get back this weekend!

gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #32

I don't pay for storage, nor do I keep it at home. I put mine in a rental program which gives me free storage, constant maintenance by trained techs, protected rentals through contracts, and most importantly, cash in my pocket to pay for the trailer. I will literally not pay a penny to store or use my toy hauler . It pays for itself.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
Professional Curmudgeon

I used to keep the class 'A' at the side of our house and the TT in storage in Myrtle Beach. Paid $102.00/quarter for outside storage there. Gave away the motorhome and the camper, and now store the new camper here at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitNine View Post
I don't pay for storage, nor do I keep it at home. I put mine in a rental program which gives me free storage, constant maintenance by trained techs, protected rentals through contracts, and most importantly, cash in my pocket to pay for the trailer. I will literally not pay a penny to store or use my toy hauler . It pays for itself.
Very enterprising. However, now amount of money is worth having somebody else's kooties in my camper!
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Very enterprising. However, now amount of money is worth having somebody else's kooties in my camper!
I would agree if I hadn't rented a couple of his trailers before I ended up buying one to put in the rental program. They do an absolutely excellent job of maintaining and cleaning the trailers after each rental. Plus I leave the bag on the mattress, LOL. We will probably use the trailer 3-4 times over the summer, meaning that it would almost be cheaper to rent one than to own one. We will use it more as the kids get older, but for now it's a great way to get a trailer of our own, and have someone else pay for it.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #35

I do storage, but I dont pay cash. Its more of a barter system. I am currently renting after moving to a new state, and as I start the permanent home search room for the RV is a must and thankfully an option.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #36
Moderators' Assistant

we've done both, though we have kept it in our driveway almost all of the 7 years we've owned it.
we did store it a couple of winters, in a storage yard, for 4 months each time.
price was very reasonable for California, but it was a 4hr. drive to go get it and bring it home.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #37

Ours is in a fenced storage lot with about 24/7 access. The cost for the convenience is a 1/2 hour drive and $58 a month.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #38

Outside fenced storage for $175 for the year. We could have it indoors for $300 but the motor home would have to be tucked away by Oct. 31 which is to early for us. Fall camping is beautiful here in the northeast.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #39

Used to store in a large shed with other owners for about $300 [Oct thru Apr]. Now we leave at the seasonal campground along with the other seasonal campers.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #40

My storage is free....still at the dealer for end of season warranty work since October.

Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage