Old 06-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #31
I told my local dealer that I wanted a Vengeance Touring 39R12 and he told me I wouldn't like it and that he had some on his lot that I would like. I was so mad! I know what I want. Forest River shows them as a dealer, but they wouldn't order one. Closest place was about 100 miles away, but they were firm at a little over $18,000 more than the dealer in Utah. I don't understand why they think we won't "travel" to get our travel trailer!

2001 Ford F-350 7.3 dually
2000 Salem T23 (sold)
2015 Vengeance Touring 39R12 (We love it!)
TheMusikShoppe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #32
I did buy local... Sort of... Dealer was about 200 miles away but wasn't the big wholesaler. They were about $1000 more than RVW but were giving me a really good price on my trade-in. I had no interest in service after the sale, as I have a local RV repair center that does repairs only and have been really good about getting me in and out quickly, as well as agreeing to work with FR on warranty work.

2014 Rockwood 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #33
New FR Owner
Paid $250 more than another online dealer's advertised price (which was the lowest price anywhere online). 2 reasons for it. Neither were for the reason the salesman suggested I should pay $1,000 more for "local service". The dealer I bought from was an hour away, the online dealer was 2 1/2 hours away, no big deal either way. I negotiated the difference down to $250 more because the closer dealer's unit had the interior color we wanted. While the other dealer had 3 units none had the interior we wanted. The second reason was because it would have cost me about $120 in fuel to drive my v10 the additional mileage to the other dealer. So I figure we paid $130 more to get the color interior we wanted. Worth it to us.

Semper Paratus
USCG, Disabled
2015 Grey Wolf 17BH
2001 Ford 4x4 F-250 Crew
Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #34
Paid 2000 more from a local dealer vrs. Rv Wholesalers. Would have cost me a chunk of that to pick up, plus noticed the bottom line price did not include TX sales tax which the local dealer did. After the sale, RV Wholesalers said they would have done better but I had asked for their best price. Looked at a used unit (2 years old) where the owner bought from Rv Wholesalers and he said he was happy with the deal and it was a lot cheaper than the unit From same dealer I used. My local dealer put him in the back of the line for some warrantee work but he did find another shop to do the work. I did not buy this unit because I noticed it was not apples for apples with what the local dealer was ordering/ stocking. Local dealer options out a larger AC which is real nice down here in TX. RV Wholesaler offered this guy free delivery on a unit they had in stock, but didn't offer me this deal, maybe because I told them I had a list of must haves including the larger AC and they needed to special order. I would also be looking at up to a 3 month wait through them vrs a unit the local dealer had just received for stock. So bottom line is check things out carefully and try to get the best deal you can. I am happy with local, but the guy with the used unit said he was happy with RV Wholesalers as well. If I had picked up in Ohio, I planned to camp there at least 3 days so they could address any issues. Turns out the unit I bought local had a bad vent fan. Not a big issue. I just told them to keep it and picked it up the following week. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote