Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #11

We bought our trailer last year (Oct) at Jeff Couch's in Ohio. They prepare all the paperwork for crossing the border. Really there is only a couple pieces of paperwork, bill of sale, no recall's, legal title, maybe something else, can't remember! At the Canadian border you will pay the GST and the RIV fee of $125.00 ? We bought some transit insurance from MPIC for the trip home. Couch's provide a temp plate/insurance good only in the USA. All in all it was pretty easy, I would do it again.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
We bought our trailer last year (Oct) at Jeff Couch's in Ohio. They prepare all the paperwork for crossing the border. Really there is only a couple pieces of paperwork, bill of sale, no recall's, legal title, maybe something else, can't remember! At the Canadian border you will pay the GST and the RIV fee of $125.00 ? We bought some transit insurance from MPIC for the trip home. Couch's provide a temp plate/insurance good only in the USA. All in all it was pretty easy, I would do it again.
Hi neighbour. (We live close to Birds Hill Park). So don't keep us in suspense. What did you buy and what's your TV? And if you don't mind what do you think you saved vs buying locally? Any concerns with service/warranty work being done locally? What was your buying experience like at Couch's? Would you use them again? After looking at you profile is your TV a 2500 or 3500 and how does it tow. I've got a 2500 and am a bit paranoid about the payload capacity.
We are a year or so away from upgrading (Waiting for DW to retire) so I'm busy gathering info.

Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Hi neighbour. (We live close to Birds Hill Park). So don't keep us in suspense. What did you buy and what's your TV? And if you don't mind what do you think you saved vs buying locally? Any concerns with service/warranty work being done locally? What was your buying experience like at Couch's? Would you use them again? After looking at you profile is your TV a 2500 or 3500 and how does it tow. I've got a 2500 and am a bit paranoid about the payload capacity.
We are a year or so away from upgrading (Waiting for DW to retire) so I'm busy gathering info.
We bought a 2013 Silverback 29 RE, tow with a 2008 Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7 Cummins installed firestone ride rites. Couch's was a good experience, I would do it again. Just got back from the Branson rally and the towing experience was pretty good. Check your PM box.