Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #41

no, don't particularly want to travel, just want the ability to get towed away if need be... and no we aren't big lawn and flowers people, more a deck to bbq on... why am i not COMFORTABLE here? because i'm terrified, we have nazis in here running the park now, they won't let anyone sell even IF THEY DO HAVE a buyer... they find a reason to reject letting the buyer in the park, people are suing them but they don't care, they are trying to steal peoples' homes here, make them abandon them so they get to sell them and make the profits... it's terribly uncomfortable here!!!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the reply, and again, I'm not trying to offend anybody. As I see it, you need a new neighborhood. I'm assuming since you are talking about buying and selling your home, or those around you, that you own your home, or are making payments. Why not buy a piece of property and move it? Build a deck like you want, and get rid of the NAZIS. I'm don't know what the rules and regs are about putting a mobile home on private property where you are, but I know that some cities have "outlawed" them here. This may change unless the economy improves. Of course with your own property, you would have to mow, but then you could have a storage building maybe, and keep some stuff. Something else to check on. Hope this helps. You may not realize it now now, but you have time to research, and plan, and right now, time seems to be your friend. Hang in there.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #43

no no, you didn't offend me at all, i NEED peeps to brainstorm with... my husband is more of a problem finder than a problem solver... i WISH we could move our mobile home, but for one it's a double wide and they would have to rip it in half, but there's also nowhere to buy land that you CAN put a mobile on... it's outlawed everywhere here, and every park that has spots open only want 'new' mobiles in there, if we could move this thing we would have years ago!!! time IS my friend but i have been trying to research a way out of this for about 5 - 7 years, it's just that at the beginning of 2011 is when my hubby's settlement is coming in, so things have to be decided by then, and if that piece of land with the RV on it sells by then, we will be moving into the grand lodge and into an RV park....
Old 11-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for a little more clarification. That helps me understand, and I hope others that are following this thread. Now we hope that some of them will chime in with other ideas or options in the morning. It is 1:00 where I am, so good luck, and we continue to pray.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #45

thank you for the prayers, we can always use those!! please help us find a forever home, Jesus, in Your name....
Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #46

So alot has happened in the last few days, about 10 minutes after i said that prayer i talked to real estate agent about the lot with the RV on it, and he said that the lot next to it just came up for sale and it has a park model on it, so we went and looked at it and made a tentative offer, but when the seller found out we are having a little credit trouble he asked for FIFTY PERCENT DOWN, and threw us out of the running, which was very foolish of him, so now hubby and i have been talking some more and we are back to the grand lodge... why? because there's some lots about 1 1/2 hours out of town that we could buy either now and rent it, or buy it when hubby retires in 6 years... so we will buy the grand lodge, rent a spot in an RV park until hubby retires, then move out of the city onto those affordable lots, and once we own the lot we won't have to worry about moving our grand lodge around anymore, and they only take up to 400 sq ft in that park anyway, which is what the grand lodge is... so when hubby gets home i will discuss with him buying it now or later, since now is a cheap time to buy... i actually like the grand lodge better than the park model we looked at and offered on... so now i think the decision has been made... i THINK... what do you guys think?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #47
The Old Man

My advice is free and maybe worth less than that...but I say go for it. I've lived in eight different states at one time or another. And when I couldn't stand the career I was in I chose to try something else--twice! Third time was the charm and I thoroughly enjoy my current profession. I have the Forest River when I get wanderlust or need to get away from things. Not sure what else I could ask for...

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #48
Site Team - Lou

[QUOTE=Elaine;70519]so now i think the decision has been made[QUOTE]

Well there you go! Good luck

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #49

new info... hub's work was supposed to phone with a paycheck today, the fact that they didn't means war... ie. hub has to sue his union and we live without a paycheck... this is my thinking, hub tries to get money out of company for as long as possible, in whatever way possible, and we try and sell our mobile home for 50 grand, which we will then use to buy that piece of land out of town, and hope the settlement comes thru around that time so we can buy an RV, then we will own land and RV and we can live off my disability, until hub's retirement money starts kicking in.... the only thing wrong with this plan is that the settlement might not come in soon enuff, then we will have land with no RV... hubby is over there typing up his letters to the labor board and the human rights commission, he wants his job back, but i say that they don't want him, it's been over 6 months since he's been sent home and they don't care at all that he's in big trouble... hub threatened them last week with legal action unless they paid him today and today has come and gone... so i say we get enuff money for the LAND outside of town from selling this place, and get enuff money for a crap RV by selling off all our furniture and such.... these are the first things we should do before the bank takes our home away... then we save our mortgage and pad rent cost and live off disability, then when his car settlement comes in we can buy the grand lodge, am i making ANY sense??? HELP MEEEEEE
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #50
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
HELP MEEEEEE
Elaine, I am very sorry to hear about your current troubles.

I also really hate giving advice about a situation that is as dynamic as yours seems to be.

It sounds like you may need to stay right where you are until your finances settle out. You may also need that equity in your current home for legal bills as lawyers don't take labor relations cases like yours and your husband's on contingency. You may need to pay one "up front" to get them to even do the paperwork.

Seems like the timing is just wrong for what you want to do.
Good Luck to you both.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
general advice, grand lodge, newbie