Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately this website is dedicated to RV owners, ownership, upkeep, and to help with those thinking of becoming RV owners. As for your last post, #49 in this thread, it sound as if you need legal, (job), Real Estate, (sale of home and land purchase), or credit, (big trouble), advice. There may be some on here to help with that, but I'm sure with an internet connection you can find someone to help you on other sites set up for those purposes. Good Luck, and we'll continue to pray.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #52

Sounds like too many if's, and's & but's for me. I believe in living within your means, what you have in hand. You'll be surprised at what you can do with what you have, especially if left with no other options. If things get too bad, creditors will usually work with you. It also sounds like you don't know how much your DH's settlement will be or when it will happen, if at all. There could be appeals which would stretch it out even longer. That's just something I wouldn't count on. But if you do live within your means and it does come in, then it will be a lot easier to make your plans.
I guess I'm saying I know you need to make future plans, but make them with what you have, not what you think you may or may not get.
JMHO, no offense.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #53

herk!!! thanks for that!!! whew!!! ok, we aren't going to sue them, we don't want to lose our home to legal bills.... we shall wait to hear what kind of a decision his work has made about what to do about the problem that is my hubby, and what they decide to do, will dictate what WE decide to do... if they decide they aren't going to pay him and they aren't going to let him work, then we have the problem of how to survive until our home sells... family is all tapped out, so i guess it's welfare while we try to sell, something hubby swore he would never go on....then we have to pray we get enuff for this place to buy the lot, and enuff for contents to buy a crappy 5th wheel, those are 3 big ifs, can we survive, can we get enuff? twice? if we can do that, we are home free, live off my disability and hubby's part time computer work, and sit back and wait for the car accident settlement to buy the grand lodge... then hubby will go GET A JOB in the next town... does this all sound so bizarre it could never happen???
Old 11-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #54

ok windrider, if you don't have anything constructive to say to me and can't/don't want to help, then say 'nice meeting ya, bye' but don't say 'this forum is for RV owners and we can't help you' as everybody has been TONS of help...
Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #55

Elaine, windrider was just giving you the best advice that he can give. Which is, don't depend on a bunch of RV'ers on a internet forum to give you profesional legal, real estate and financial advice. The problems you are facing are well beyond our expertise. As Herk said, there may be a few on here that could help, but you really need to find someone local. I'm sure they could help you much better.

Good luck with whatever you do. Wish you the best.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #56
RV Newbie

Elaine, what Windrider is saying is what most are thinking. This is a RV forum, it is primarily about the care and feeding of that hobby. If the focus of your questions are how to attach wheels or preping for a move you'll find lots of advise, but you have gone beyond that.

Everyone is concerned for you and your family, but there are limits to what anyone can do for you. Everyone is pulling for you and wishes you the best but advise is all that anyone can offer. At that, if any of this free advise turned out to be bad who are you going to blame?

Ultimately, only you know what is best for you. There are way too many variables for anyone here to see and filter through.

One thing I have learned in life is to live within your means and do not expect or count on windfalls or bailouts from anyone.

Good luck

Al
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #57

I have a salem hemisphere which is plenty big enough,but after I bought it i found out I could of bought a manufactured home for 10 grand less that is twice as big I just looked on the internet wish I would of looked first
Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #58

ok since y'all are thinking i should go elsewhere, that i will do... bye
Old 11-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #59
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
ok since y'all are thinking i should go elsewhere, that i will do... bye
Not sure what you mean by that...

I have reviewed all the posts here, and IMHO everyone has treated you with respect and given you their honest response to your questions.
It is of course your choice to stay or leave. If your situation improves (as we all hope it will) and you do buy a Forest River RV, please do not hesitate to rejoin the forum as we will welcome you back with open arms.

I personally hope everything works out for you and your husband.
If no one minds I will recommend closing this thread until that time you want to rejoin the forum.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #60
RV Newbie

Thumbs up

I wouldn't want you to close the thread. Elaine may be back any time and it is better if she has a place to pick up her discussions. I know if there is good news I'd want to hear about it.

Sorry if I offended you Elaine, I was just trying to be honest. If you are benefiting from posting here, continue doing so.

1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
general advice, grand lodge, newbie