Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #11

Companies that concentrate on RVs like Good Sam may be the way to go. I would only
go with replacement cost and Good Sam will offer that for the first five years. They were the lowest cost that I could find. Good Luck

Old 04-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Companies that concentrate on RVs like Good Sam may be the way to go. I would only
go with replacement cost and Good Sam will offer that for the first five years. They were the lowest cost that I could find. Good Luck
Agree with the first clause........but in my case Good Sam was 3X the cost of Progressive. Odd how this stuff varies. Progressive also offered the full replacement at MSRP values, for first 5 years. That is pretty amazing.

And Soros does not now or has ever owned Progressive. Peter Lewis did, but he died in 2013. I am no liberal, but I buy Heinz catsup cause it's the best, and I watch Johnny Depp movies. If my boycotting such things would have an effect, fine.......but it doesn't.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #13

I have Foremost. So far I am pleased with the rate. Hope I never need it.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #14

Interesting convo - we live in MA and was told the trailer had to be added to the TV policy- couldn't be a free standing policy....

2016 Roo 21DK

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #15

I have been using a broker for the past 5 years for my homeowners and auto insurance, even though I've been with the same insurance company, Pemco, for over 30 years.

Surprising, going through the broker instead of directly through the company was cheaper and every year, I compare Geico, State Farm, Progressive and others, they still have not been able to beat the price of my present insurance provider. Pemco started out in Washington state, then a few years ago, they have gotten into selling insurance in Oregon and California.

They are a tough company to get if one has had numerous claims and traffic tickets, but their service is awesome.

I also use the broker/Pemco for my classic car insurance, which is with Haggerty. Haggerty is also a broker, again great service and prices.

I would check with a broker, then go online and search for the reviews from customers on the various insrance companies the broker selects. Others in this thread have also provided some very good information on insurance.

JR
Old 05-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #16

thanks y'all.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #17

Progressive is what we use. They have a lot of coverage options.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #18

I use progressive and love it. So many options.....

We insure for original purchase price plus contents of camper.

There is a storage option for the winter that saves some on our premium.

Love it!
EMS 30 PI portable w/ Edison plug

Nights Camped (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #19

We use USAA, not the cheapest and not the most expensive but I have had outstanding service from them for 20yrs on all our vehicles and homes. They only cover TT and 5ers, they partner with Progressive for motorhomes.

2000 Ford F-250 V10
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL

2016= 5 Nights Camped
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #20

I have State Farm. W had a hail storm a couple of years ago. No problem they covered the damage to the fiberglass body and vent/ac covers. At one time I had Progressive for everything. Low rate at the beginning. After 3 years they doubled my rate (no claims) so I dropped them and got State Farm for about half of what Progressive was charging. I have had State Farm on my auto, truck, rv, and boat for about 10 years. Only claim has been the hail storm and normal rate increases like they all do except what Progressive did.

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance