Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
Insurance each accident. What do you carry?

How much insurance do you carry? I carry right now $250,000.00 each person and $500,000.00 each accident. I am going to raise the insurance but I need to know what other people carry. Underinsured is something I worry about. When my sons were driving and on my insurance I think I carried more, that was awhile ago and have trouble remembering now


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
How much insurance do you carry? I carry right now $250,000.00 each person and $500,000.00 each accident. I am going to raise the insurance but I need to know what other people carry. Underinsured is something I worry about. When my sons were driving and on my insurance I think I carried more, that was awhile ago and have trouble remembering now


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thats what i currently have. I did have a $1,000,000 + policy when i had my big truck.
I dont think i can go up any more without switching back to commercial.
Honestly you dont need a larger policy than a 250,000/ 500,000 / 250,000. You can get a $1,000,000 or more or less umbrella policy which will be very inexpensive and can cover other policys as well (ask you agent or underwriter for exact coverage).

This way you are covered by your normal auto insurance for most things, but God forbid, you are involved in an at-fault accident and someone dies......you will stand a better chance of surviving financially when you get sued. Honestly a $5million umbrella would be a good thing to have since $1 million doesn't go far these days.

(All the overloaded guys really need to have good insurance, its just a matter of time till someone gets financial ruined, since there are so many overweight out there, and everyone is well aware of it! Lawyers are going to be getting really rich from it.)
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Thats what i currently have. I did have a $1,000,000 + policy when i had my big truck.
I dont think i can go up any more without switching back to commercial.
Honestly you dont need a larger policy than a 250,000/ 500,000 / 250,000. You can get a $1,000,000 or more or less umbrella policy which will be very inexpensive and can cover other policys as well (ask you agent or underwriter for exact coverage).
I carry a million dollar umbrella, for which the insurance company requires me to have the same as above 250K/500K/250K. The price of it depends on exactly all the things the umbrella reaches over...which are my home, auto, and RV.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
I'm going to talk to my insurance agent, I have $100.00 deductible on my camper and it's $215.00 every six months, on my truck it's like fifty bucks. I'll see if I can't move the coverage around and keep the price the same


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I carry a million dollar umbrella, for which the insurance company requires me to have the same as above 250K/500K/250K. The price of it depends on exactly all the things the umbrella reaches over...which are my home, auto, and RV.
Same here - I need the extra coverage since I own business that could be included in law suit and my kids and employees count me for there income.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I'm going to talk to my insurance agent, I have $100.00 deductible on my camper and it's $215.00 every six months, on my truck it's like fifty bucks. I'll see if I can't move the coverage around and keep the price the same


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
You can raise your deductibles and also your limits, usually you will save quite a bit of money with higher deductibles and probably still be less after adding the higher limits.
Personally i can absorb $1,000 pretty easily, so thats were i have my deductibles. I understand not everyone can do that, so of course pick a deductible that will fit your buget.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #7
Member
 
talldiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 42
I carry $250k/500k with a $2M Umbrella. MillerTime states it best..."$1 million doesn't go far these days."
__________________
2015 F350 SRW 6.7 PSD
2016 38FB2 CC
Days Camping (2017) - 36 to date
Days Camping (2016) - 62
Days Camping (2015) - 23
Days Camping (2014) - 15
talldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
You can raise your deductibles and also your limits, usually you will save quite a bit of money with higher deductibles and probably still be less after adding the higher limits.
Personally i can absorb $1,000 pretty easily, so thats were i have my deductibles. I understand not everyone can do that, so of course pick a deductible that will fit your buget.

I'm with you. $1000 deductible, but because of my trips to the USA, I carry 5 million liability.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accident, insurance

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.