Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #41

History has shown me that changing every three years will produce saving worth chasing.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #42

We have been with "The Hartford" through AARP. DW vehicle, truck, RV and home all with them for about 8 years now. Every couple of years we get quotes from other companies but our dollar still goes farther with The Hartford. Had more than $20K in storm damage at the house a few years ago, not one dime out of pocket. Just renewed for another year with The Hartford.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
How often do you guys compare rates? I am pretty loyal and I like service and treated right.

I've been with liberty mutual for 20 years with out issue but looking at switching to Ag Workers for a significant savings. I use BoatUS for both inshore and offshore boats with a seperate towing policy with no limits on distance offshore.

Salt
I shop anytime my rates increase, or every 3-5 years.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #44
fx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
How often do you guys compare rates? I am pretty loyal and I like service and treated right.

Salt

I had been with Farmers for 6 or 7 years and never had a claim. Wife backed into another car with a rental car, less than $1k in damage and my rate with them doubled. Loyalty stops at the ole' dollar for me. Went to Mercury right after and ended up cheaper than before the accident. I have a great multi-line broker and she checks for me now. Our auto is up for renewal and it was higher, she quickly figured out that they left the multi-policy discount off and the rate came right back in line. I checked with a few other companies and am still cheaper. I'm comfortable that if something were to happen with a claim with Mercury we'll be alright - in laws had a fire at their house about 10 years ago, Mercury took very good care of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #45

Nationwide is the route I go, with all combined discounts it can really save you money.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:48 AM   #46

My travel trailer was recently totaled and USAA insurance paid me almost twice what they knew I paid for it. I have had several insurance companies over the years but USAA is the best ever. You must be a military veteran, or have a parent who is a veteran or is active duty military and is insured with USAA to qualify.
J W Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #47

There is no such thing as loyalty with an insurance company. I was with AAA 29 years and just changed to Allstate and cut my rate in half and don't have to pay $175 a year to be a member. My house and autos are with Allstate and Georgetown motor home with blue sky.
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann55 View Post
There is no such thing as loyalty with an insurance company....

I somewhat disagree. Back in college days I worked at a company that builds insurance quoting software and used to pour over insurance manuals programming the software to match how they arrive at their rates. In the majority of those cases they all base their claims free discount on some kind of loyalty. Such as "5 years with them and no claims = 10% off". Very rarely did those discounts apply without having been with the company for some X number of years.

The reason I say it's only somewhat is because it's tied to also being claims free. Once you have a claim that loyalty goes completely out the window.

Of course, this is all based on 15 year old knowledge. Who knows what they're doing now a days.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #49

I had 1 claim in 29 years and that was probably 15 years ago. I talked with AAA and they said they could save me $40 a year by raising my deductible up to $1000. On $2800 bucks that ain't much. So I said bye bye. Allstate is half price and I feel I am in good hands!
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote