Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #31

Don't know if you are eligible or not, but I have been with USAA for 49 years and wouldn't think of using anyone else.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #32

Consumer Reports recommends Amica and USAA insurance companies. We have our vehicles, fifth wheel, and home insured with Amica. Been with them for about 15 years. They got us through our daughters teen driving years! Highly recommend Amica.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #33
txkreddog

Our only claim with Shelter Insurance has been two vehicles from a hail storm 6 years ago. They paid up quickly, no questions. The only problem is the rates seem to go up on the car, truck, TT, and home yearly. I too will be checking rates.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #34

We have been with about all of them at one point or another it would seem. We are currently with and have been for the last three years with Texas Farm Bureau Insurance. They have been great from day one. We changed from Nationwide and saved over 50% for the same coverage. They carry our autos, RV, House with a rider on the acreage and buildings at the farm/ranch.
An example would be 2013 Taurus SHO and 2013 Ford F350 FX4 Crew cab dually diesel for 6 months $525 total.
You do not have to own a farm or ranch, but you are required to join the Farm Bureau which is another $35 or so a year. But membership does come with various benefits also.
If you don't live in Texas, in which case I do feel sorry for you..... But, most states to have their state division of the Farm Bureau, just do a Google Search placing your states name in front of Farm Bureau and start saving.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #35

Thank you for all the input and personal experiences. I have some checking to do.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #36

you don't know how good your ins company is until you have a claim or rates are raised beyond control you have to change comanys and don't be afaid of that
Old 01-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #37
fx2

I have Mercury for the cars and home, Progressive for the TT. I shop rates at each renewal and my broker knows it, keeps everyone honest

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #38

We have GMAC through Good Sam for the RV, USAA for the vehicle. Great rates, great service from both.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #39

How often do you guys compare rates? I am pretty loyal and I like service and treated right.

I've been with liberty mutual for 20 years with out issue but looking at switching to Ag Workers for a significant savings. I use BoatUS for both inshore and offshore boats with a seperate towing policy with no limits on distance offshore.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
How often do you guys compare rates? I am pretty loyal and I like service and treated right.

I've been with liberty mutual for 20 years with out issue but looking at switching to Ag Workers for a significant savings. I use BoatUS for both inshore and offshore boats with a seperate towing policy with no limits on distance offshore.

Salt
I use state farm.
I've been told you should shop around every two years.

Two years ago when I switched from anpac to state farm I saved $175.00 a mo.