Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Just wondering what I should expect to pay in insurance for my Forest River Salem hemi

Just wondering what I should pay in insurance premiums for a Forest River Salem hemisphere 282rk length 35 foot travel trailer 2017. Any guesses thanks in advance.
campfiregirl57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

Likely far too many possibilities for anyone else to have the same parameter values as you.

The way to compare among vendors is to pick one, and go through their ONLINE process, selecting the parameters you want/need. (I say online for the first vendor, so you will have the chance to pick and choose every possible parameter, and not just get a minimum coverage high deductible low ball quote to hook you.) Then, using the exact same parameters, try other vendors.

It is too easy to compare apples vs oranges, unless you insist on and verify the same parameters. For instance, I use a particular company. I compared a quote through an affinity group, which also quoted using the same company. First response was a much lower rate (the minimum coverage, high deductible type). Once I got the affinity group to match parameters, the amount I am directly paying was fine.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

just call your auto insurer and ask them... it's a free quote.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Yep, too many variables, unless you know someone in your town, with the same trailer, same insurance company and same # of vehicles.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #5

...and same age, same marital status, same years of driving safely, same number of accidents, same number of violations, same discounts for home, other accounts, etc. etc.

translation: there's no way to compare your rates to ANYONE else, you're just performing a time consuming aggravation. Call your agent. Get quotes online. Compare.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
...and same age, same marital status, same years of driving safely, same number of accidents, same number of violations, same discounts for home, other accounts, etc. etc.

translation: there's no way to compare your rates to ANYONE else, you're just performing a time consuming aggravation. Call your agent. Get quotes online. Compare.
X2..................................... plus a big factor is where you live. City, State........Will the trailer be stored away from home..........and so on.............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #7

everybody is correct, many variables involved. the advice is correct. shop it and get quotes. I just had all of our insurance (auto, trailer, house) quoted by a couple of local agents and three on-line companies. there was great variation in the quotes, even with specifying the same coverages. and even within a quote there was great variation in cost depending upon whether you paid one up front payment for the policy or paid monthly. it took some time but it was well worth the effort as the savings compared to simply renewing what we had was significant.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #8

250-300 per year seems to be about average.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #9

Beware of Good Sam/National General. They are cheap but it took them 3 months for a simple hail damage claim and they screwed me out of money in the end. Not worth saving a couple $. The repair people said they had never seen anything like the fiasco Good Sam/National General created.

I finally paid $12,000 out of pocket to get it fixed it took so long as in the whole summer camping season.
Waynedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #10
D W

X2 what everyone else has stated. Each "insured" rates depend on their distinct situation. A lot of factors considered in determining an individuals insurance premium. Shopping RV insurance is pretty simple on-line. Once you start collecting quotes you will see how rates vary.

Keep in mind you will run into "actual cash value" and "actual replacement costs". This is where you'll have to do your DUE DILIGENCE.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #11

The rates vary so much from area to area so I agree with most posts just check a couple of different Insurers to compare rates.
Also a little off topic but what vehicle are you towing your Salem Hemisphere with?
Alan and Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #12
Happy Camper

If you go through your trusted local agent, you will most likely get a good price PLUS you will have someone you know to call on when needed.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #13

Just wondering what I should expect to pay in insurance for my Forest River Salem hemi

I went through my normal agent, combined everything. Trailer, truck, and renters. My girlfriends suburban is also on my plan. Trailer is a 2014, but is about $13/month for the full coverage policy, which included damage from storms or damage that occurs outside of towing or camping, while at home and paying off any remaining balance. Just like everyone said, it depends on the situation and the agent. I had recently switched to my current agent when I bought the truck, then a couple months later we bought the trailer, but had a accident in my new truck, State Farm was playing games and my agent put a stop to it. At the end of the day service vs a couple bucks more or less a month and actual coverage are what matters and having an agent who will work for you when there is a claim, lots of agents will deflect it to the off to the carrier themselves (think it depends on state law) sorry to babble on...but we all know...you get what you pay for!
z_hall83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #14

2018 River Forest Sunseeker State Farm $500 deductible with 2 other vehicles premium is $544/yr.
mrpalmermr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, insurance, salem