Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye59 View Post
I wanted warm white (3000K) LEDs and Farmseller said I needed to buy 10 or more. I wanted 1 to see if it is the right color for me. dxy_dxyduan is allowing me to buy 1 and will give me a price break if I buy 10 or more later.
Color is what I wanted so I submitted my order for 15 more at $7.50 each when ordering 10 or more. That is $3.00 per unit cheaper than for quantities less than 10. plus free shipping on all orders. I'm happy.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #42

I have been converting my house and my RV to LED from here

I have had pretty good luck with these guys from Hong Kong, free shipping as well. DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1)

Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #43
Site Team - Lou

Thumbs up 36 LED replacement lights

Wow are these neat. Bought from farmseller and they arrived about 2 weeks later. I only bought 4 because I wanted to check them out first before I committed to a big purchase.

The new lights are about twice as bright as the incandescent ones they replaced. Everyone has commented on how bright the camper is with only the two ceiling LED units on.

I have the TM-2025RV installed and was able to compare current draw and was blown away by the difference. The old unit with two of the filament bulbs draws about 3 amps (each unit!) and the LED replaced unit (2 36 LED pads) draws about 300 milliamps.

THEY DO GET HOT (surprised me) but no where near as hot as the filament bulbs.

My only problem is with the sticky material provided on the back of the circuit board. When the pad gets hot it releases the board and it falls down to lie on the lens. So far no heat damage but I will be replacing the sticky pads with double sided tape that has better adhesion.

I have about a million light sets to do and will be slowly converting them as time goes on.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #44

I just installed the ones I got from Ebay through dxy_dxyduan. Had an issue with shipping. Seems he sent my LED's to someone else and sent me the other guys LED toy strip. One that is 50cm long and changes colors with a remote control you can vary the way it works. Kinda neat but still not sure what I would do with it. I emailed dxy_dxyduan asking if this was a gift as the envelope said "Gift" in the customs comment block. He said to consider it a gift and would send me the right ones. He then made the other guy send me my LED boards. If he is expecting me to send the one he sent me, he better send me a prepaid envelope or something.

Anyhow, one of the bayonet adapters doesn't work (good thing I ordered enough to do an extra fixture) and now they are all installed. Because I got the ones with 24 LED's instead of the 36 LED's it isn't as bright as I was hoping it would be, but still there is plenty of light. Maybe next trailer I'll use the 36 LED ones.
'09 Rockwood Roo 233s
'03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.
popeye59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #45
Commercial Member

led lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlepeople View Post
I am sure this has been discussed before but I could not find the thread.

What experience do folks have with LED replacement "bulbs" for those 12 volt, bayonet base bulbs that are in most interior RV fixtures?

Do you have a best source (that is, best value)? What problems have you seen? Do you have a view on just what you have saved in electricity, especially dry camping?

This is the company I have been dealing with.

They have Great customer service and and a kit that has a T10 socket and a 1156 socket in the same kit.

Click here to see it.

Thay also have the tail lights LED upgrade for a lot of Forest River products

Click here to see that one

Fix
Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #46
Site Team - Lou

My vote

I go with bright white for both types.

While a bit "harsh" it really fills the RV with light so you can work or read.

Since I have not replaced the spots yet. (I will on the next "go round") I can't say. I will try most likely go "Bright" again since they are reading lights.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
My only problem is with the sticky material provided on the back of the circuit board. When the pad gets hot it releases the board and it falls down to lie on the lens. So far no heat damage but I will be replacing the sticky pads with double sided tape that has better adhesion.
I have the same problem and have yet to find a suitable double sided tape that holds up to the heat. Tried industrial velcro - same problem. If you find one that works, let us know.

I found the 36-LED was a tad too bright everywhere, so I have also installed some 24-LED models - perfect.

These little lights are great.

Denis
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #48
Site Team - Lou

Cool Double Sided foam tape

So far the double sided foam mounting tape has held ok.

I have a roll of the red exterior double sided foam tape and will try that next if I have an issue with the white interior grade.

Thanks for the tip on the 24 LED ones.

Any luck finding a good spotlight?
Looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-High-Power-...item3a53838e36

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #49
Commercial Member

glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post

Originally Posted by herk7769

I have the same problem and have yet to find a suitable double sided tape that holds up to the heat. Tried industrial velcro - same problem. If you find one that works, let us know.

I found the 36-LED was a tad too bright everywhere, so I have also installed some 24-LED models - perfect.

These little lights are great.

Denis
I think over time the tape fails. I've tried quite a few.

I like glueing them to the Lens. The light is much brighter and the glue lasts a long time. Loctite makes a good one that drys clear.

Click here to see it.

You can't glue SMD LEDs because the won't breath. Even thought LEDs do product alot less heat the do still produce.

The pads that you can glue, breath underneath.

You can put a small dab on all four corner LEDs

Fix
Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #50

Just received two 9-LED wedge bulbs from farmseller. I ordered the larger 1157 Car 36 LED bulb and 36 SMD 1210 LED Interior bulb to test. He shorted me the 1210 bulb and refused to send it although admitting he sent the wrong bulbs. So beware of dealing with him.
Concerning the heat problem with mounting the LEDs with adhesive backing. Why not just put a small piece of foam behind the LED array to hold it in place.