Old 06-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #51
Commercial Member

sorry you had that problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendick View Post
Just received two 9-LED wedge bulbs from farmseller. I ordered the larger 1157 Car 36 LED bulb and 36 SMD 1210 LED Interior bulb to test. He shorted me the 1210 bulb and refused to send it although admitting he sent the wrong bulbs. So beware of dealing with him.
Concerning the heat problem with mounting the LEDs with adhesive backing. Why not just put a small piece of foam behind the LED array to hold it in place.
I had a problem with a bulb being a slight differant color from the others I bought. I contacted Cust. Service at www.led4rv.com

He not only sent me the bulb, He sent it first and put a postage paid lable in the box. All I had to do was peal the old lable off and put the new one on the box. I then walked to the mail box and stuck it in the box. No driving and standing in line to pay for a problem that was not mine to start with.
They guys are the real deal!

If you have a light with T-10 wedge and want a pad to go there, try the link below.

Click here to see it.

Fix

Old 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #52
Site Team - Lou

LED4RV higher price

is worth it if you have problems with an overseas vendor.
If you used PayPal there are options. If not you are stuck dealing with your credit card company.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #53
Proud Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
is worth it if you have problems with an overseas vendor.
Tell me about it! I ordered 6 LED panels from the guy in Hong Kong. He told me they shipped.....three weeks ago! Waiting Waiting Waiting
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #54
Site Team - Lou

Unhappy Was it farmseller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.jimbo View Post
Tell me about it! I ordered 6 LED panels from the guy in Hong Kong. He told me they shipped.....three weeks ago! Waiting Waiting Waiting
I was about to order some more LEDs from him. The transaction was flawless for me before. If he is having problems I will not order from him again.

There are several individuals doing business on Ebay besides farmseller. Please check who you dealt with and post his name.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #55

Follow-up on my negative experience with Farmseller. He has agreed to send the bulb he shorted me. I will keep the 9-LED wedge bulbs that he sent by mistake.
If anyone has a problem with the wedge bulbs not working as I did just put a little kink in the wire on the connector end of the bulb. I found that the bulb was not making contact with the connector.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #56
Site Team - Lou

Polarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendick View Post
If anyone has a problem with the wedge bulbs not working as I did just put a little kink in the wire on the connector end of the bulb. I found that the bulb was not making contact with the connector.
These LEDs are polarity dependant. If they don't work out of the box, check for polarity. I had an issue with one pad where the red wire was switched with the black wire at the white connector. Two seconds with a sewing needle switched them back.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #57

Quote:
These LEDs are polarity dependant. If they don't work out of the box, check for polarity. I had an issue with one pad where the red wire was switched with the black wire at the white connector. Two seconds with a sewing needle switched them back.
I had this on several of mine. Turn the light on, plug in the bulb panel, if it doesn't light, remove the connector from the light, turn it over and re-insert. No need to play around with the wires.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #58
Site Team - Lou

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
I had this on several of mine. Turn the light on, plug in the bulb panel, if it doesn't light, remove the connector from the light, turn it over and re-insert. No need to play around with the wires.
I was unfamiliar with the wedge socket. I did not know they could be flipped over.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #59
Proud Member

Quote:
Please check who you dealt with and post his name.
I bought my lights from farmerseller. (farmerseller, is that a Chinese slight on their American customers? ) They shipped on May 31, and arrived on June 18. Although they were shipped via airmail, I think they were actually aboard a plane riding on a ship given the amount of time it took to arrive.

I ordered six lights. They were shipped in a bubble-wrap manila envelope. The envelope was torn open when it arrived and the contents were held in by a rubber band. All the contents I ordered arrived.

I was disappointed with the quality of the product, although considering these are the cheapest lights on the market, they are also the cheapest construction too.

One light has already started to flicker. Not all of them, just about 9 of the LEDs out of the 36. If that doesn't improve, I may have to remove that light and break out the soldering iron to see if I can resolve this issue.

I believe the light output is most certainly less than that of their incandescent replacements. I would guess somewhere in the 50-70% range of the original. Also, they are a very cool white color. That means they are VERY white. That is not a very complementary color to the ladies' complexion, so you can imagine what my better half thinks.

Presently, I am I am not considering buying more of these lights from farmerseller. Instead, I will look for options that are closer to a cool-white color, and have more than 36 LEDs.

All-in-all the concept is correct and any price under $15 for an alternative with more than 36 LEDs would be worth looking into my book.
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #60

We just did a 3 day stay at a State Park and the 24 LED warm (3000K) boards I installed worked out great. Once we were in a place where the was no other lights filtering in the windows, we both decided that 36 LED's might be too much light. Even in the bathroom there was plenty of light.

'09 Rockwood Roo 233s
'03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.
popeye59 is offline   Reply With Quote