Old 05-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #31
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
tents and a second camper to put the kids! LOL

but ironically i actually have a tilt activated led on my toilet!!!

its the same small battery operated units made for coolers (i put a couple in my yeti a year ago so i could see what beer i was grabbbing..lol)...anyway, sometimes i dont want to turn on the big light and wake up sleeping babys ....so the led light is perfect !

as far as stocking the camper, its a never ending thing!....you will grow, adapt, and spend as much on "supplies, fuel, and fees" as you did on the camper in no time...lol.....or i mean :-(

the one thing i will say is be thinking where the lil one will sleep...we used a wicker basket by the bed when she was real little, then went to a pack n play....but those are bulky....we have lots of beds n bunks in our trailer, but cant have her rolling off those....

and if i can put one thing at top of list, is hose repair parts.....nothing is more frustrating than trying to get water going with kids and a wife and you have an issue with a hose.....happened to me 2x....luckily i had parts to cut the ends off and put new ones on.....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Wicker basket is a great idea. I'll have to double check the floor space in the "bedroom." I know it is tight in there. We had previously thought about the pack n play in front of the entertainment center, but I like your idea better because he is still up a few times a night and that way he won't be waking the other kids.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #32

after watching the Person next to me and talking to a unhappy Airstream owner about electrical issues in the campground, I would recommend an EMS or Surge protector before I plugged anything in

Old 05-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #33
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...anyway, sometimes i dont want to turn on the big light and wake up sleeping babys ....so the led light is perfect!...
A night light works great.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
Wicker basket is a great idea. I'll have to double check the floor space in the "bedroom." I know it is tight in there. We had previously thought about the pack n play in front of the entertainment center, but I like your idea better because he is still up a few times a night and that way he won't be waking the other kids.
it was actaully a wicker basinette...just so no one thinks im mean...LOL....we set it on the little table right next to the bed.....worked awesome till she got bigger and smarter....

now that i have my couch removed and glider recliners in that space, i can actually use that space for the pack n play...i just push the gliders to the middle....then my son can use the couch/air matress in the rear bunk or either of the bunks.....and of course i could still use the table for a bed, but its usually got junk on it.....kids require SOOOO much stuff!! LOL..

oh, and as for a baby chair we use a clamp on type seat on the kitchen table...its nice and small, and we use it at home on our bar counter when not in the camper.....a high chair is too bulky for the camper

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #35
NELA

No one has mentioned the absolutely essential coffee maker!

And if you're so inclined....liquids to stock the bar.

While not a requirement right off the bat, DH and I just purchased a counter top Igloo ice maker.

Best purchase we've made YET! Love that thing!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #36
CLT

Quote:
it was actaully a wicker basinette...just so no one thinks im mean...LOL....we set it on the little table right next to the bed.....worked awesome till she got bigger and smarter....

now that i have my couch removed and glider recliners in that space, i can actually use that space for the pack n play...i just push the gliders to the middle....then my son can use the couch/air matress in the rear bunk or either of the bunks.....and of course i could still use the table for a bed, but its usually got junk on it.....kids require SOOOO much stuff!! LOL..

oh, and as for a baby chair we use a clamp on type seat on the kitchen table...its nice and small, and we use it at home on our bar counter when not in the camper.....a high chair is too bulky for the camper

HAHA! I was thinking you meant that, but I was just thinking of something with a similar footprint. Our old Fisher Price pack n play type play yard had a removable bassinet which was really nice. However we donated that one and now only have a new full size Pack n Play. I know that won't fit in the bedroom. So I'll have to measure and see what does fit.

Yes, kids do require more planning and more energy for all of their stuff. What am I getting myself into??? I should hitch this thing up now and never look back.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #37
CLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
No one has mentioned the absolutely essential coffee maker!

And if you're so inclined....liquids to stock the bar.

While not a requirement right off the bat, DH and I just purchased a counter top Igloo ice maker.

Best purchase we've made YET! Love that thing!
Good call on the coffee maker. I have a Keurig that I stopped using because it was hard to justify the cost as I normally drink it by the pot, not by the cup. So I switched back to the Cuisinart. But for camping, I should spoil myself a bit.

Although I have used my fair share of these animations so far, I had my first beer in two years this past holiday weekend. My wife is about the same as me. So on the bar, it's a no for us. Not judging, just saying.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #38

How long is the power cord, extension perhaps?

One like this.

http://www.convertabulb.co.uk/assets...t2-450x321.jpg

I got 3 at Costco for 9 bucks.

A box of disposable rubber gloves?
Old 05-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #39
CLT

I think I have a 30' cord. Not positive, but I had it plugged in and under the TT the other day and there still seemed like plenty of room.

Yes that head lamp would be nice. Gloves I have to ton of. Used to have them when I did my own oil changes. Don't do them myself anymore because the cost is about the same to take it somewhere.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
HAHA! I was thinking you meant that, but I was just thinking of something with a similar footprint. Our old Fisher Price pack n play type play yard had a removable bassinet which was really nice. However we donated that one and now only have a new full size Pack n Play. I know that won't fit in the bedroom. So I'll have to measure and see what does fit.

Yes, kids do require more planning and more energy for all of their stuff. What am I getting myself into??? I should hitch this thing up now and never look back.
She USED to fit like this...

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401307824872.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	53572  

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light