Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 48
Loan Documents

About to pick up my new georgetown in buffalo and the dealer sent me the loan documents by fed ex. They want me to sign and return them prior to delivery. Isn't that something that should be done upon delivery and after i have done the PDI? Is this normal business practice for the RV industry ? Any advice would be appreciated
__________________

__________________
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Malco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Nova Scotia
Posts: 519
I don't know about the higher end rv's but we just had to make a deposit when ordering ours,I don't think I would want to actually have a loan on something I did not see right in front of me first.There may be some sort of problem or defect and the one with the cash has the power.
__________________

__________________
2011 Salem 30kqbss
2013 Ram 2500
2005 Ram 2500
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Phlunky
 
essness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Near Lake Geneva Wisconsin
Posts: 979
I routinely arrange financing over the internet. This is the way it works. You sign and return the documents and they send you a check that you present to the dealer upon satisfactory completion of the deal.
__________________
Scot, I am "that guy"
2014 Raptor 27FS
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I routinely arrange financing over the internet. This is the way it works. You sign and return the documents and they send you a check that you present to the dealer upon satisfactory completion of the deal.
This is a little different as the financing is being arranged through the dealer . In reality, i would be giving them the check before receiving the motorhome
__________________
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltypd View Post
About to pick up my new georgetown in buffalo and the dealer sent me the loan documents by fed ex. They want me to sign and return them prior to delivery. Isn't that something that should be done upon delivery and after i have done the PDI? Is this normal business practice for the RV industry ? Any advice would be appreciated
I've never had them try that with me. I sure wouldn't do it if they did. Loan should be signed after you inspect the product you're purchasing.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Phlunky
 
essness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Near Lake Geneva Wisconsin
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltypd View Post
This is a little different as the financing is being arranged through the dealer . In reality, i would be giving them the check before receiving the motorhome
I would find that suspicious. When I finance with the dealer, the loan papers are signed when you take delivery.
I would ask the questions and sign the papers at delivery if the dealer is arranging the finacing.
__________________
Scot, I am "that guy"
2014 Raptor 27FS
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Member
 
chadster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltypd View Post
This is a little different as the financing is being arranged through the dealer . In reality, i would be giving them the check before receiving the motorhome
You understand it the same way I do. I would be on the phone with the dealer in the morning. There is no way I would sign the loan docs before I had a chance to inspect the product I was purchasing.
__________________
2011 Cherokee Wolf Pack 27WP

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 48
that is my feeling as well. i didnt know if because this was an internet company (RV Direct) that the procedure would change
__________________
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Member
 
chadster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltypd View Post
that is my feeling as well. i didnt know if because this was an internet company (RV Direct) that the procedure would change
Are you picking the unit up or are they delivering it to you?
__________________
2011 Cherokee Wolf Pack 27WP

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 48
picking it up
__________________

__________________
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.