Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #1

Loan Documents

About to pick up my new georgetown in buffalo and the dealer sent me the loan documents by fed ex. They want me to sign and return them prior to delivery. Isn't that something that should be done upon delivery and after i have done the PDI? Is this normal business practice for the RV industry ? Any advice would be appreciated

Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

I don't know about the higher end rv's but we just had to make a deposit when ordering ours,I don't think I would want to actually have a loan on something I did not see right in front of me first.There may be some sort of problem or defect and the one with the cash has the power.

1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Phlunky

I routinely arrange financing over the internet. This is the way it works. You sign and return the documents and they send you a check that you present to the dealer upon satisfactory completion of the deal.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I routinely arrange financing over the internet. This is the way it works. You sign and return the documents and they send you a check that you present to the dealer upon satisfactory completion of the deal.
This is a little different as the financing is being arranged through the dealer . In reality, i would be giving them the check before receiving the motorhome
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltypd View Post
About to pick up my new georgetown in buffalo and the dealer sent me the loan documents by fed ex. They want me to sign and return them prior to delivery. Isn't that something that should be done upon delivery and after i have done the PDI? Is this normal business practice for the RV industry ? Any advice would be appreciated
I've never had them try that with me. I sure wouldn't do it if they did. Loan should be signed after you inspect the product you're purchasing.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
This is a little different as the financing is being arranged through the dealer . In reality, i would be giving them the check before receiving the motorhome
I would find that suspicious. When I finance with the dealer, the loan papers are signed when you take delivery.
I would ask the questions and sign the papers at delivery if the dealer is arranging the finacing.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #7

Quote:
You understand it the same way I do. I would be on the phone with the dealer in the morning. There is no way I would sign the loan docs before I had a chance to inspect the product I was purchasing.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #8

that is my feeling as well. i didnt know if because this was an internet company (RV Direct) that the procedure would change
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #9

Quote:
that is my feeling as well. i didnt know if because this was an internet company (RV Direct) that the procedure would change
Are you picking the unit up or are they delivering it to you?

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #10

picking it up