Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
Looking at a Surveyor 294QBLE

Hello all! I've been lurking for a few days reading up on Forest River and Surveyor here, great forums.

I'm looking at purchasing a new 2015 Surveyor 294QBLE in the next week, and I'm just wondering if any one out there has any thoughts on this fairly new model. It just doesn't turn up much in any threads anywhere.

My difficulty is that I live in Southern California and there are not any of them within 5 hours drive. I will be purchasing online and having it delivered. I've got the unit picked out, photos and video look great. (It's the nicer one with the front fiberglass cap and dark interior cabinets)

Not too excited about purchasing a trailer without being able to walk through a model of it first, but it has the exact layout we're looking for. Quad bunks, u-dinette, under 6,000 lbs and under 34', 1 super deep slide, etc. Great pricing too.

So, if anyone has any owns of these, or has any experiences with them, maybe having toured one, your thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks again.

matthewsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
It sounds like you have some fairly specific needs/wants. My Surveyor is a 220, so I don't have any first hand experience with this particular unit, but I have walked though one. The living spaces are pretty generous, but I do remember thinking that the kitchen and bathroom were even smaller than mine, and there wasn't an abundance of storage. If I remember correctly.. it sleeps 10? I just kept thinking HOW would you feed and "outfit" 10 people for more than 1 night...

Just my take on. It might be just exactly what you need, but if I needed to "house" 4 or more I would probably be looking more at a 5th wheel.

rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
Haha! You are right, 10 would be a lot to take camping. We only have 4 kids, so the purpose of the quad bunk house is to get everyone a bed that doesn't have to be changed or converted. So the dinette and couch would never be used as sleeping areas.
I really like the 5th wheel route, but with six in the family I would have to get a truck with a bench seat in the front to fit us all in, instead of my Ford Expedition. That's a tight squeeze on a long 10 hour drive for camping. Here in southern california you have the crowded beach sites close by, or you drive a long way to get a site thats more than a parking lot.

I agree with the kitchen and storage comments. That's our big concern now. The 294QBLE appears to have almost 0 counter space in the kitchen, and a fairly small dinette table. I'm trying to think what I could do to enchance that after buying it.

Thank you very much for your comments. Anything helps in deciding where to drop all our cash!
matthewsage is offline   Reply With Quote