Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #1

Need help

I recently purchased a brand new FOREST RIVER BH. The following day after I picked it up I realized it was leaning very much to the left and contacted my dealer. Now the dealer is telling me they have to send it to Forest River to be factory repaired. I feel like I was dealt a defective trailer and that I should be given a new one not One that needs a repair right off the bat am I wrong. Do I have any recourse in getting a brand new one since I was sold a defective own.

ScottyJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #2

The paperwork was signed and you took ownership of a product that unfortunately needs repair already. The dealer could make you whole on the deal, but probably won't as they'd be stuck with a unit that is considered used.

Days Camped in 2017: 71
Days Camped in 2018: 37
Days Camped in 2019: 15
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Think I would also contact FR and get their take.

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #4

So you take it back to the dealer and they tell you what is wrong with it. They need to be specific, the warranty people at Forrest river will request this information also.

This sounds like a frame / suspension issue. Is it safe to move??

Sorry, but nothing sounds right, are we missing information? Did this happen on the way home? You didn't notice it at pick-up or taking it home? Did you go through a pre delivery inspection?
2016 Ram 2500, 4x4 Laramie CCSB 6.7 Cummins
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #5

Iím pretty sure Forest River and your dealer is going to you itís your camper. Itís not like buying a car.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #6

Doesn't the lemon law apply to trailers?

I have CDO. It's like OCD only in alphabetical order as it should be.
MF5270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF5270 View Post
Depending on the state.. But usually it only applies to motor driven vehicles.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF5270 View Post
None that I know of.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
So you take it back to the dealer and they tell you what is wrong with it. They need to be specific, the warranty people at Forrest river will request this information also.

This sounds like a frame / suspension issue. Is it safe to move??

Sorry, but nothing sounds right, are we missing information? Did this happen on the way home? You didn't notice it at pick-up or taking it home? Did you go through a pre delivery inspection?
I did do a walk-through however the camper was not on a flat surfaced parking lot and noticed it the very next morning, when I brought it back I was told later that the frame would need repair so I went back to talk with them and they assured me it was a simple fix. Now they are telling me they don’t know why it’s leaning and sent it to forest River to repair , I’ve called and left 2 messages with Forest River and still no response
ScottyJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #10
Site Team

Did you leave messages with the big Forest River (corporate office) or with whichever division built your "FOREST RIVER BH"?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #11
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyJam View Post
I recently purchased a brand new FOREST RIVER BH. The following day after I picked it up I realized it was leaning very much to the left and contacted my dealer. Now the dealer is telling me they have to send it to Forest River to be factory repaired. I feel like I was dealt a defective trailer and that I should be given a new one not One that needs a repair right off the bat am I wrong. Do I have any recourse in getting a brand new one since I was sold a defective own.
While it won't make you feel any better, a great many RV's, regardless of the brand, need some amount of repair "right off the bat". Some are factory defects, some happen in transport. It's really hard to tell with yours what happened.

You did purchase a new camper and you can expect it to be in proper shape. You have every right to expect your unit to be repaired to equal-to-or-better than new condition, and I myself would settle for nothing less.

But I'll tell you that holding out for a new, replacement unit is not going to go the way you want it to. It's an EXTREMELY rare case where a unit is replaced rather than repaired. Maybe 1 in 10,000. The legalities alone would make your head spin.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and give your dealer a chance to make it right. Your camper may very will need to be returned to FR for repair. You can attempt negotiate compensation for lost use, but be aware that the warranty expressly mentions that it does not cover loss of use. FR or your dealer may do something 'over and above' as a goodwill gesture, but that's not a guarantee.

FR and the dealer have a procedure and channels go work thru to get your problem resolved. If you let them work, you will get your camper back in the condition you expect. If you try to circumvent them and demand replacement, you probably won't have very much luck.

Good Luck!

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote