Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Evo2700 View Post
If the manager doesn't want to give you your own meter I would take your money to a park that will treat you fairly.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

Ontario, Canada

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #12
Owner told us she would be fair, but we have a solar panel which cuts back, we are not using electric to heat, we are not using electric for water heater and told her that, but she claims that charging just everyone a general $50 per month for electric should be fair. It might be worth while for those using it to heat with their furnace and hot water heater, but not for us. We paid about $50 for propane one month when it was really cold. I was just hoping we could get a meter. The other lot has their own connection, it is just that our line and their line goes into the same meter as the bathroom for the campground. The owner is really guessing and not even listening to what we have on the camper. She claims the campers use a lot of electric. It is not the camper it is the people. We are very conservative. We only paid $58 per month for our entire house, which was air conditioned. We save and don't abuse. I fear that we are going to have to leave now, which is hard because in Florida right now it is hard to find empty campgrounds.

amishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #13
So.. the owner is actually splitting the electric three ways (you, other camper, and bathroom)? And then guessing that $50 from each party covers the cost? Has the owner shown you the monthly bill?

I used to live in FL and know the electric usage soars in the summer (AC usage). Maybe what's happening is the owner is averaging a years worth of electric, dividing by 12 to come up with a monthly cost, then dividing by the three to arrive at that $50 amount. But if you're only there for the winter months - as many snowbirds are- you're subsidizing someone else for the summer.

Just a thought. Call the electric company that serves your area and ask if they have anything available you could borrow or rent.
Barry, MSgt, USAF, Ret. & Rose

2015 Nissan Frontier V6
2014 Coachmen Viking 17FQ

Colorful Colorado
La Plata View is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #14
I would start calling around local CG and see if they have any room for the rest of the season.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #15
Oklahoma Proud
Yes I'd want my own meter too in this situation.

We do have our own meter on our site and over the summer (well actually May thru October ) our bill was between $48 and $87, with most in the $70-80 range. Thats with weekend only use other than refer being on. But we have 2 ac units and use electric on the water heater about 1/2 the time.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
if it's only 50 per month, i would not bother moving. how much could you save $20??? If you like the location just chalk it up as a site premium over one you may not like. Not sure about you, but cheap isn't why we chose this lifestyle
robm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #17
Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell

If it is a Flat Fee of $50 a month added to the rent then That is not bad for electric. If you like the RV Park and all I would use what ever electric I needed. On the other hand if it is a varable rate changing every month, then I would move to another rv park. Some states won't let the rv parks charge more than what the utility charges them. I know the park we stayed in in Arizona had separate meters for each site. We only paid what the meter said plus a $5 fee for the person who came around each month and read the meter. When management tried to profit by raising the electrical rate they got in trouble and had to refund the over charge. They were not allowed by law to charge more for electric than what the paid the utility. Don't know if the State your in is the same or not. might be worth investigating.
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 31D
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #18
Since you are paying for it why not put your hot water on electric and get an electric heater? 50 bucks a month sounds pretty reasonable for a monthly site.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Since you are paying for it why not put your hot water on electric and get an electric heater? 50 bucks a month sounds pretty reasonable for a monthly site.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
X2 use all the electric items you can if it's a flat $50.00 a month!
That sounds cheap to me unless your paying a lot for lot rent!
By the way that's $1.67 a day

What is the price per kilowatt hour in that area?

I'm buying the meter herk showed to see how much power we really do use this summer.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #20
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
How long have you been there and how long are you planning to stay? Spring isn't to far away. It may not be fair but you maybe through most of it.

Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote