Old 01-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #21

If you where told this upfront and still took the spot just pay the 50.00. In reality that is not that much to pay inmo. To buy that meter is 4mos. of electrical. I would assume that everyone pays the same amount. Is it a different rate in the off season? Then the CG owner would have to make an exception to there policy just for you. If it bothers you so much why not just find a new CG. I have seen seasonal sites that charge 90.00 bucks per month if you use it or not. Your beating my $235.00 per month at my home.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #22

Unless you are making a statement about being environmentally conscientious, why wouldn't you do like others have said and just run electric heat and switch your water heater to electric?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #23

Thank you so much for the information.....Just what we were looking for!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #24

dustman_stx: We are trying to save money, that is why!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

what if you find out that your not getting charged enough based on kilowatts used?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #26

We told the campground that we use very little electric because we have solar on our camper. Sometimes we have to use a little from the grid though. She told us that she had a way to determine how much we would use and be fair, but after being here (2) months she claims we went through the $100 deposit already. One person gave me a link for a meter (portable) which is great, because it is nice to know how much juice you are pulling anyway, just for the heck of it. I want to see how efficient we can be because I am sure in the Spring we are going to come across a time when there will be no electric to plug into. Want to be self-sufficient. This is why we want to be efficient.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #27

In reply to TURBS: I doubt that, since we have very little running off the electric they are providing. Don't forget, we have solar hooked up to our batteries in the camper and have a inverter as well, so most of the electric we use if from that.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #28

gljurczyk: The reason we picked this place it was cheap and she said if metered sites were not available she had a way to figure our electric. We found different. We were trying to save, that is why we have a solar panel with inverter and hooked up to batteries so most of our juice is from that source. By the way, we had a 1200 sq. ft. home which was totally air conditioned and we live in southern Florida and our bill was never over $65 a month for the entire home. That is called saving money!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishgirl View Post
We told the campground that we use very little electric because we have solar on our camper. Sometimes we have to use a little from the grid though. She told us that she had a way to determine how much we would use and be fair, but after being here (2) months she claims we went through the $100 deposit already. One person gave me a link for a meter (portable) which is great, because it is nice to know how much juice you are pulling anyway, just for the heck of it. I want to see how efficient we can be because I am sure in the Spring we are going to come across a time when there will be no electric to plug into. Want to be self-sufficient. This is why we want to be efficient.
FYI - Solar is not helping you at all if you are connected to shore power since the converter will be supplying a higher voltage than the solar charge controller; thus ALL DC usage comes from AC conversion - even inverted power.

Trying to say you have solar is the reason you are using less AC is a bad argument. Anyone who knows about electricity would know you are blowing smoke. Try something else.

The only way that argument will work is to unplug completely from shore power.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishgirl View Post
dustman_stx: We are trying to save money, that is why!
I'm not seeing how you are saving money by paying for someone else's electricity AND paying for propane? I understand that is what you have a problem with- but I'd stop doing it(paying for propane and a portion of another's electricity) until it was resolved.