Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #1

Need Input On A 2011 Rock wood Windjammer

I pick up my camper from the dealer last night because of a slid out repair. On there lot they had a 2011 Rock wood Windjammer model 3065-W travel trailer. The floor plan is like a 5Th wheel but with out the high front bedroom. this rig has 3 slide out, one in the bedroom and one on each side in the rear. It comes with a pop-up 32" Sanyo TV in the rear cabinet, and has an electric fire place that is remote control and it is rated to heat up to 400 sq ft. It sleeps 6 with a "u" shaped dinette, electric stabilizer jacks, electric awning, cherry cabinets, gel coat exterior, Sirius radio, 5.1 surround sound. I am impressed with the floor plan but the only thing that would have to be changed is the a/c unit, It has a 13,500 BTU this is a joke with having 3 slide outs. This camper is 3 foot shorter then mine but weight is about 8 lbs heavier. Can anyone give me some insight on this rig, pros's and con's?
I am not really in the market for a new camper, but I ask the salesman to give me a price. Before I left the lot with my camper the salesman and the manager both wanted to look over my rig and said that this one that they would like to have on there lot.....I know it was just a sales pitch and you know I am not trying to buy but, this is when I will most likely get a great deal....Thanks in advance.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

That is a nice layout, we have the Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS which is the same as the 3001W WIndjammer and they are well built units. We looked through the Flagstaff version of the 3065 and liked it except we like our privacy and that is were that 3065 floor plan fell down, we like having the bathroom cut the trailer in half and having a seperate entrance to the bedroom. Hence the 3001 floor plan. Also the 3065 has too many seats that it would be just about impossible to see the TV. Funny how different people see things that they either like alot or just don't like. Same as the fireplace, we only camp when the weather is nice so that feature eliminated alot of trailers from our list quickly when we went shopping back in Feb. But as I said the 3065 is nice and well built. Also we have seen abt a 2mpg difference towing the V-Lite vs our old 33 ft Edgewater bunk house unit and it tows much better in high winds.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
That is a nice layout, we have the Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS which is the same as the 3001W WIndjammer and they are well built units. We looked through the Flagstaff version of the 3065 and liked it except we like our privacy and that is were that 3065 floor plan fell down, we like having the bathroom cut the trailer in half and having a separate entrance to the bedroom. Hence the 3001 floor plan. Also the 3065 has too many seats that it would be just about impossible to see the TV. Funny how different people see things that they either like alot or just don't like. Same as the fireplace, we only camp when the weather is nice so that feature eliminated alot of trailers from our list quickly when we went shopping back in Feb. But as I said the 3065 is nice and well built. Also we have seen at a 2mpg difference towing the V-Lite vs our old 33 ft Edgewater bunk house unit and it tows much better in high winds.
Thanks for your reply. We are going over some of the things you have pointed out and my wife wants to look at it today after work. We have an 06 8314ss and the biggest thing she like about our present camper is the walk threw bathroom, and we want a slid out in the bedroom. As far as the kids I have a 22 year old daughter right out of college and a 19 year old son that's thinking about the Army and they are doing there own thing so i think camping is out of there mined, it's just my wife and I and the dogs.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote