Old 08-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #31

JoeNan seems to be a selling point. We know the toilet works it's used.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:48 PM   #32
txkreddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Ok the wife has a friend who purchased a travel trailer about 3 years ago.. They hardly use the thing for one reason.. He wont let them use them use the toilet because he says they will have a higher trade-in value if it is still like new..

We just filled out a trade in form and nowhere did it ask if the toilet had ever been used.. What do you all think?? lol
To each his own. We don't use the TT toilet for number 2 except for emergencies. Not for trade-in value, but to prevent the "tower of doom", stuck level sensor, and odor. Several youtube videos have demonstrated the inability to thoroughly clean the black water tank. Whatever floats your boat .

Old 08-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #33

Why have a bathroom if you don't use it? My B-I-L never allows anyone to use his royal toilet and I doubt he will reap benefits when he sells it. I tent camped too long to use public potties.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkreddog View Post
To each his own. We don't use the TT toilet for number 2 except for emergencies. Not for trade-in value, but to prevent the "tower of doom", stuck level sensor, and odor. Several youtube videos have demonstrated the inability to thoroughly clean the black water tank. Whatever floats your boat .
If that was even remotely true there would be a whole lots of never using the toilet for # 2.Please! If you get an uneasy feeling while dumping "towers of doom" OK but don't use You Tube as your reasoning.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #35
txkreddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
If that was even remotely true there would be a whole lots of never using the toilet for # 2.Please! If you get an uneasy feeling while dumping "towers of doom" OK but don't use You Tube as your reasoning.
A little research, youtube, this forum, or otherwise, can go a long way in helping make decisions. The videos provided on youtube merely added another source of information, and strangely enough, were referenced from this forum. I suspect the number not using the TT toilet for #2 would surprise you.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #36

The only situation I can think of where a "virgin" black tank would add value is a private sale to someone who is similarly anal in how they would put a value on a TT. Otherwise, any dealer trade-in or other normal pricing reference such as NADA would put $0 added value on a TT with a black tank that was never used.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #37

"I suspect the number not using the TT toilet for #2 would surprise you". i guess but not on this particular post.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkreddog View Post
......I suspect the number not using the TT toilet for #2 would surprise you.
I know the number of people treating the black tank with proper treatments, camping and using the toilet, dumping and flushing the black tank, and moving on and doing it again and again, and again, successfully, without issue, would shock you all to pieces. It works, period. 100's of thousands do it, and it works. Without issue.

If anyone has an issue dealing with the dirty stuff, man up and admit it., Don't make it sound like it is logical to NOT use it and look down on those that can deal with it, or make 'little' of people doing it and lay the guilt trip on them that they are not as informed as you. Pah-leeease! This kind of attitude galls me to death.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #39

I bought a 42 gal Blue poop hauler and it works great. We have camped without full hookup, but the Barker reduces the stress.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #40

Sounds like someone is feeding someone a line of CRAP LOL