Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #11

Progressive and Good Sam both offer full replacement regardless of how old it is.

Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
Progressive and Good Sam both offer full replacement regardless of how old it is.
Double check that on Progressive. They wouldn't offer it on my 4 year old rig when I went online (web form + chat) and via the brokers that I talked to.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
National Interstate through Good Sam. Home and vehicles also through them. I have full coverage and they will pay for full replacement same as my homeowners. Diminishing deductible.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #14
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
Its totally up to you! All our TT's have been insured by State Farm, and we're very happy.
X2
We have a "stated value" policy. The policy is for a fixed amount that does not change or depreciate.
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #15

Progressive offers full replacement for two years IF you unit is brand new and you are the first owner.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #16

We have a 2005 Cardinal and itís been insured by Progressive since new. Iíve had three claims, great company to work with. If itís totalled within the first three years they will provide a current year model. After that they will give you what you paid for it minus taxes.
Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #17

I just switched from State Farm to Progressive on my TT. I dropped SF because it was more like a car policy instead of an RV policy SF didn't cover contents and based the value of the TT on market value minus depreciation.

Progressive gave me a base value of what the TT was worth should it need to be replaced according to their data let's say for example 25K and quoted me a price. I couldn't replace my trailer for 25K so I bumped up the value to 30K and they gave me another price plus their policies include 1K for contents I bumped that up to 5K plus with Progressive it also includes roadside assistance and it was still cheaper then SF.

My suggestion is make sure whatever insurance you chose that you understand what is covered and what's not covered instead of just blindly adding your RV in my case Travel Trailer to an existing car policy.

I still have SF for my home and auto but this whole process opened my eyes to also shop those policies around and compare them to other's out there.

2016 Rockwood 2703 Emerald Edition
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #18
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
National Interstate through Good Sam. Home and vehicles also through them. I have full coverage and they will pay for full replacement same as my homeowners. Diminishing deductible.
X2, this is us as well.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #19
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
I just switched from State Farm to Progressive on my TT. I dropped SF because it was more like a car policy instead of an RV policy SF didn't cover contents and based the value of the TT on market value minus depreciation.

Progressive gave me a base value of what the TT was worth should it need to be replaced according to their data let's say for example 25K and quoted me a price. I couldn't replace my trailer for 25K so I bumped up the value to 30K and they gave me another price plus their policies include 1K for contents I bumped that up to 5K plus with Progressive it also includes roadside assistance and it was still cheaper then SF.

My suggestion is make sure whatever insurance you chose that you understand what is covered and what's not covered instead of just blindly adding your RV in my case Travel Trailer to an existing car policy.

I still have SF for my home and auto but this whole process opened my eyes to also shop those policies around and compare them to other's out there.
They may write a different policy in your area but my State Farm covers all my contents and added accessories for replacement value. The trailer is covered by a stated value amount equal to original MSRP, so in case of loss they pay for it all. My claims experience has been great with previous trailers and I have not found anyone cheaper. Last years premium was $480.

I second the statement to check your coverage and add get it in writing before making the deal. I have a friend who was quoted a "great policy" only to find out after the fact it didn't cover what he was told.
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
Are you sure that is not National General through Good Sam?
My dually and Cedar Creek are with Good Sam and they are underwritten by National General. Just sayin
Travel safe

Tags
insurance, trailer, travel, travel trailer