Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #1

Now Fulltimers!

It has been awhile since I was on the forums. So I thought I would update everyone. Hubby and I lost our house to forclosure 2 months ago. So we sold everything off and moved into our TT. We were wanting to full time at some point just not this soon with the kids. So we get settled in a campground and three weeks ago hubby's employer laid him and eight other guys off! So now I am the only income for four people making $8.43 per hour.
The only upside to this is in the meantime I passed the nurse enterance test and have been accepted to nursing school for LPN. Other than that I think we are close to our have hit rock bottom. pray for my family. I know others are going through this with me but it really stinks when it happens to you!
NINA
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #2

Sorry to hear of your situation. We have also gone through hard times . . . I remember having our car reposessed and thinking "wow is this really happening?" I also realized in that time that "I am not my possesions" . . . I am myself, and no one can take that away from me!
I will pray for your husband that he will get a job and that this will be a new beginning for your family, and a way for your children to see God's faithfulness as he brings you through.
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hi Nina!
Hang in there...hard times really suck! Glad you have a TT to fall back on.
We lived in a tent trailer for awhile after a natural disaster wrecked our home. Not fun, but we eventually got things back to normal. I hope you can all get it together quickly.
Michigan is really taking a hit once again.
Life is weird sometimes...good luck!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #4

Lost everything we had in the flood of 94, and I mean everything we owned, house, belongings etc...it sucks
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #5

I too, lost everything in Hurricane Katrina in 05. at the time it seemed like the end of the world to have lost everything that i had worked for in the previous 12 years. However, it is true that everything happens for a reason. I am now living in in Tennessee which is more beautiful then louisiana could ever think about being. Have a better job here then i ever would have had there and a nicer house in a better location then i ever would have had there.
So, while it seems like it cant get any worse, sometimes a situation will force you into something better that you never would have done on your own.
I know for a fact i'd still be in Louisiana if it hadnt been for Katrina. Like i said, i had a house and a job and was settled. I hated the area, but your not going to just get up and leave just for that. The hurricane forced me to get out and start completly over.
I hope for you that everything works out best. Just remember, dont count out any options and stay in a place that isnt the best for you and your family for ANY reason.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #6

will pray for you
in a few years you will look back and see it was a reason for it to go this way.
we started full timing in 06 and then fuel and family killed our nest egg, and now after a three years of "getting by" we are starting to see lighter days

the plus of close quarters is it really builds your relationship

lots of nursing jobs here in north east texas, they cant hire em fast enough
Old 06-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #7

NINA;

I am sorry to hear your story but maybe this will help you;

This is a favorite story (or fable) of mine. By Lynn Bryson (I think that was his name). He attributed it to an old folk tale if I remember correctly.

How do You Know it is Bad News?

Long ago there was a small village. At this time a person’s wealth was judged by the number of horses and land someone owned. Horses were important because this was how they worked their land.

In this village lived an old man and his only son. They owned one horse and a modest amount of land. One day his horse ran away. Some of the villagers came to offer then sympathy at his great loss, but they were puzzled by his response.

“I heard the terrible news that you lost your horse,” a villager would console.

To which the old man responded “How do you know this is bad news?”

“What? Of course this is bad news! How will you work your land? How will you get to town? Think of your son!”

“Yes, but how do you know this is bad news?”

A few days later the old man’s horse returned, but it was not alone. While running free their horse befriended a heard of wild horses. These horses came back with it. Now this old man had more horses then anyone in town. The town’s people came to congratulate him on the good news.

Again they were puzzled by his response, “How do you know this is good news?”

“Are you kidding? This is great news! You are the richest man in town! In fact you could buy the whole town now!” was their puzzled response.

“Maybe, but that doesn’t make it good news,” would be the words they heard as they walked off shaking their heads and murmuring.

It didn’t take long before this old mans son took an interest in this fiery young stallion in the herd. One day he decided he was going to break the stallion and make him his horse. No sooner did he climb on his back was he thrown to the ground breaking his leg in 5 places.

Being a small town word if this bad news traveled quickly. The town’s people came once again to offer their condolences. “We are so sorry to hear about your son. The doctor says he will never walk again. This is the worse thing that could happen. ”

The old man would look at them with a puzzled look and respond “Why do you think this is bad news?”

At this point the town’s people had enough of his odd responses “What are you crazy? This is your only son! He will never walk again! Of course this is bad news, the worst ever, and you can’t even see that it is bad news. Your only son will probably never marry since he cannot provide for a wife! You are a crazy old man, and now your poor son will be a lonely cripple for life!” and they stormed off.

A few months later some soldiers rode into town with a decree from the king. The kingdom had gone to war and the king ordered that every able bodied young man join the army to defend the land. There was much crying as all the young men were led out of town.

It was months later before the got word of the war. The kingdom was victorious, they fought off the invaders. It was not an easy battle; there were many losses on both sides. In fact, every single young man from that village was slain in battle; every young man but one. One young man didn’t go because of a broken leg. Which did heal and he took over his fathers horse business.

It maybe bad news now but it maybe what is needed to bring about good luck to you and the family.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #8

Keep the Faith

Sorry to hear of your hard times Nina. It's a crazy world for sure. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the gap ever widens.

Everything happens for a reason as the fable posted by Jaxfl shows us. Don't give up hope, treasure the one thing that's important, your family. All else will fall into place as it's supposed to. In the meantime my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dot
1998 Honda 1100cc, American Ace Tourer
1955 model husband - a keeper

https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ies/yellow.jpg
Bikerhen is offline   Reply With Quote