Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #1

Passport America

Just got a email with a Frog sponsored Passport America discount. Is this legit? Anyone else received/ purchased this?
cardp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardp1 View Post
Just got a email with a Frog sponsored Passport America discount. Is this legit? Anyone else received/ purchased this?
I got one also. But I already have the lifetime subscription, so I don't need it. I don't remember what the annual membership was, but it seems like it was $45.00 last time I re-upped (before I went with the lifetime).
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #3

Thanks Ed sounds like it's worth it but not sure the email is not a scammer I'll call PA
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #4

Is Passport America worth it? Are their campgrounds nice?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
Site Team

There's already another "Is Passport America worth it" thread, that was started only 11 hours ago!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=180302

Bottom line is that, if you only camp in the Summer or weekends or holidays, it's not worth it. Campgrounds aren't going to give 50% off during peak times.
There are some great places and also some not great places. Mixed bag.

For us, it was worth it. We don't camp during those peak times, so the restrictions don't affect us.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
There's already another "Is Passport America worth it" thread, that was started only 11 hours ago!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=180302

Bottom line is that, if you only camp in the Summer or weekends or holidays, it's not worth it. Campgrounds aren't going to give 50% off during peak times.
There are some great places and also some not great places. Mixed bag.

For us, it was worth it. We don't camp during those peak times, so the restrictions don't affect us.
I searched and it didn't popup. Anyway I was trying to find out if the email was legit. I have since found that it is a sponsored discount and as I'm retiring in a month it should come in handy thanks
Old 03-12-2019, 09:10 PM   #7
Now a "Top Member"

Sorry, I meant to answer your actual question, but this campground I am currently at has not so good wi-fi, and this post blinked out on me. Anyway, glad you found out it was legit. As you will be retiring soon, and it sounds like you might be going out a lot in the near future, you might want to check the lifetime membership also. Maybe even check with them to see if you can get some kind of deal or discount on that. Just a thought.
Retired AF MSgt

Old 03-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Is Passport America worth it? Are their campgrounds nice?
Passport America doesn't have "campgrounds". Campgrounds choose whether or not to accept PA. Most of the campgrounds I have been to who accept PA have been nice, some very nice. But a couple have been really NOT nice. Not bad enough to not feel safe there, but just run down, dirty, stuff not working (the pool for example), things not being there that are advertised on the website, so on. These have been the exception though.

For me, I have judged it worth it. But you really do have to put a little more effort into finding one, and be very careful reading the "fine print" (the rules for PA for each campground).
Retired AF MSgt

Old 03-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Passport America doesn't have "campgrounds". Campgrounds choose whether or not to accept PA. Most of the campgrounds I have been to who accept PA have been nice, some very nice. But a couple have been really NOT nice. Not bad enough to not feel safe there, but just run down, dirty, stuff not working (the pool for example), things not being there that are advertised on the website, so on. These have been the exception though.

For me, I have judged it worth it. But you really do have to put a little more effort into finding one, and be very careful reading the "fine print" (the rules for PA for each campground).
Thanks Ed
Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #10
Director, FROG

The offer is legit, but it's short-term, only good for 72 hours. I sent out the e-mail this morning, and there will be a follow-up on Thursday.

We negotiated a price of $41.95 for a one-year membership PLUS an additional seven months free. Regular price is $44 for a one-year membership with no extension. When you click on the green button, you'll be taken to that offer as well as to several with longer periods if you'd prefer that. If you already are a PA member, you can extend your membership by the 19 months (or longer period), with the new time starting at the expiration of your current membership.

If you want to see a list of campgrounds in the program, click the green button in the e-mail, then click "Campgrounds" at the top of the page. You can search campgrounds by state / province by clicking on their map, getting a list with links to those campgrounds, or you can enter a town and amenities that you'd like to see.

Cindy and I used our membership most recently at Cain's Creekside RV Park, a small, clean, but no-frills family-owned park in Hahira, GA, about five miles north of Valdosta.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #11

Thanks FROG Bob.... hoping to see you and Cindy at a few of the rallies this year - the international one included!
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:13 PM   #12
Site Team

We're currently staying at a great RV resort, in El Centro, California. They accept PA now, even though many won't until May.
We're paying $25 per night, for full hookups with cable tv and great WiFi.
They have a golf course and driving range, along with a fishing lake.
Staff are great.
We came here last year and liked it so much, well keep coming back.

But I cross check the places that accept PA, with Rvparksreview.com
You have to do some research to avoid some of the hinky places.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #13

You only have to use it 3 or 4 times to pay for itself
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
The offer is legit, but it's short-term, only good for 72 hours. I sent out the e-mail this morning, and there will be a follow-up on Thursday.

We negotiated a price of $41.95 for a one-year membership PLUS an additional seven months free. Regular price is $44 for a one-year membership with no extension. When you click on the green button, you'll be taken to that offer as well as to several with longer periods if you'd prefer that. If you already are a PA member, you can extend your membership by the 19 months (or longer period), with the new time starting at the expiration of your current membership.

If you want to see a list of campgrounds in the program, click the green button in the e-mail, then click "Campgrounds" at the top of the page. You can search campgrounds by state / province by clicking on their map, getting a list with links to those campgrounds, or you can enter a town and amenities that you'd like to see.

Cindy and I used our membership most recently at Cain's Creekside RV Park, a small, clean, but no-frills family-owned park in Hahira, GA, about five miles north of Valdosta.
Awesome thanks. Just making sure things were on the up and up can't be to careful these days
Old 03-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #15

I have used Passport America and sometimes it pays for itself in a four night stay. Some places are better than others
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #16

We have looked at PA several times over the years. In our area, the parks that accept PA are not ones we would even think about staying at (not very nice).

So we have always passed on PA. It seems to be better in other parts of the country.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport