Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Sounds like you didn't leave anything on the table...

So what model did you get??

We chose the Tracer 3150bhd. We started by looking at Keystones but that dealers prices were much higher and he really didn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling.
Then we moved on to the Prime Time dealer and at first, I felt like I was going to have to make due with something I wasn't going to like because of our price range. He showed us some basic Coachmans and Avengers, then when we saw the Tracer, I couldn't figure how it was in our price range. The furniture, fit/finish, and goodies were exceptional compare to the Keystone, and I still can hardly tell the difference between the tracer and Lacross.
We are really pleased so far.
Agewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #22
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agewon View Post
We chose the Tracer 3150bhd. We started by looking at Keystones but that dealers prices were much higher and he really didn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling.
Then we moved on to the Prime Time dealer and at first, I felt like I was going to have to make due with something I wasn't going to like because of our price range. He showed us some basic Coachmans and Avengers, then when we saw the Tracer, I couldn't figure how it was in our price range. The furniture, fit/finish, and goodies were exceptional compare to the Keystone, and I still can hardly tell the difference between the tracer and Lacross.

Congrats! I have heard lots of good things about PT campers!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #23

Quote:
That's a lot of trailer for the $$. The dealer where bought our TT had a couple Lacrosse's on the lot. They were extremely nice, and the Tracer looks very similar. Outdoor kitchen is cool, and the rear bunk room is perfect for kids (or maybe in-laws ).

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #24

You're not being greedy. His job is to make every cent he can, and your's is to save every cent you can. It's just business, and it's universal. Just as with auto sales, it comes down to where a dealership is at on its sales numbers for the month. If they're at goal, they can play hardball. If sales are soft, they will sharpen their pencils.

I did industry trade shows for years, and they're an expensive proposition for a manufacturer/dealer. For most, it's difficult to know if the cost is actually covered, but the goal is customer acquisition--meet and greet, and keep the smile in place.

You're in the driver's seat, you just need to determine his true bottom line at this point in his sales year.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #25

Went to the show today and saw a lot of really nice units. However, none of the units in our price range were as nice as what we got. The only negative was walking through the 69k 4 slide 5th wheels and then walking into our unit. DW said it made ours feel small, but wouldn't part with the extra 40 grand to upsize,lol. All in all, it was a great way to be sure we got the right unit.
Aside from the units, there were zero accessory dealers there. Just dealers and campground reps. We found a bunch of campgrounds that looked great and the DW is in the process of scheduling our spring/summer.
And my unit was listed for two grand more than I paid, which leads me to believe I could have gotten the same price after negotiating.
Agewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #26
RKR

Quote:
Right now, he's at 33% under MSRP. I can see offering slightly more savings since they'd be saving money by not having to ship it to the show.

That's about right. Mine had a 52K sticker. After walking out a couple times to check other dealers we ended up paying 35K. I tried to get more and the sales manager showed me their invoice and the made a little off of me.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Right now, he's at 33% under MSRP. I can see offering slightly more savings since they'd be saving money by not having to ship it to the show.
MSRP in the RV world is a "moving target." I would compare the MSRP quoted by that dealer with someone else.

OBTW, "about 33% off MSRP" is a pretty good deal (IMO); you are doing great in the "negotiation" phase.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show