Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2017, 12:49 AM   #1

Preserve extended coverage worth it?

Does anyone have any feedback on the preserve extended coverage warranty? I know extended warranties aren't generally regarded very highly. We just ordered a new Sierra 384qbok from out of state and the dealer let us know about the warranty. Didn't really push it any, just hoping for some firsthand knowledge and experience with this company
Tacpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #2

I brought a extended warranty from Camping World that is not worth the paper it’s written on. I hear some companies offer better warranty’s , just not C/W
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

Warranties cover "peace of mind." "Peace of mind" is different for different people. If you don't know one end of a screwdriver from another, you'll probably be more inclined to get an extended warranty than if you're a do-it-yourselfer. It's all a question of how much you're willing to pay for the amount of "peace of mind" you need.

Some of these warranties require you to have the unit "serviced" every year, so you end up paying for both the warranty and the "service." Usually, the "service" is something most people can do themselves.

In my case, if it's one of those, I'd run.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover