Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #1

Prime Time Sanibel

We are purchasing the 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3050 and want to know if anyone else owns one or one of the Sanibels.
I would like to know if owners of them are satisfied or if there are any common problems associated with these models or brand.
dragonshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #2

We have a 2012, 3500 Sanibel. So far we Jane repairs on the welds in the front, paid by lipper.
We just had our dometic refrigerator repaired, the coolant tubes, had to be replaced, $2400 we had extended warranty, so we paid $400. They tell you the deductible is $100, but they didn't
Cover the shipping or the diagnosis charge, and a seal. Seal is a part that wears out they say.
Cornerstone is our extended warranty. Cost $2000 at that time.
We had our large slide adjusted.
We full time, so I think every year we are in it, is really 5 years, compared to someone who just camped in it.
We love our Sanibel.
Surfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #3

Congrats on your buy! I own a 2013 Sanibel 3500 and had my share of issues, such as upper frame flex, A/C leaking into the unit requiring ceiling, insulation, and crown moulding replacement. Overall, they all will develop some issues when used. We have approx 6K miles on ours and do like the unit overall. Prime Time customer service is second to none IMHO, and has taken care of all issues under warranty. Check out the Prime Time section of this forum for more information from Sanibel owners.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #4

Here is my list of problems after camping in the Sanibel for 8 nights at 3 different locations. Camper is now back at the dealers and they assured me they would take care of everything.

1.Propane- 11/21/14 drove 3 and half hours, both propane bottles empty and froze up. Strong propane odor outside where propane compartment area is. Bracket for propane line directly over driver side tires broke, causing the line to rub on tire while driving and the line in half. Immediate lose of 2 bottles of propane and massive gas leak.
2.Kitchen Sink- fitting for faucet was loose, causing water leak under sink. Both shelves and floor had lots of water on them.
3.Blind at table window cannot be put up all the way. Table has been secured to close to allow shade to be raised.
4.Heater vent in bathroom not fully connected.
5.Microwave oven- while making Mac-n-Cheese, the vent, vents up onto the cabinet door above. After about 1 minute of using microwave, the cabinet door and roof is dripping condensation, literally.
6.Window screens- 2 have fell off and I cannot get them back on.
7.Bedroom slide- laying on the bed looking up there is a tear on top part of slide.
8.Cargo Door- alignment is off which makes shutting door extremely hard, having to push door two different directions at once in order to force door to latch.
9.Bedroom closet door latch coming off on left side
10.Slide with table and TV- at the base it looks like something is rubbing and tearing the coating.
11.AC- when air condition comes on white dust/powder is blown out of vents causing a mess. Three days and still doing it.
12.Weather stripping on front passenger side molding coming off
13.Black tank-after emptying it still shows 2/3 full
dragonshead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time, sanibel