Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #91
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Everything on my personal lists are checked off. It's time to buy this dang thing. More on what happens back at the office in another message.
The Customer Delivery Paperwork

OK, the Walk-Through is over, we're back at the office.

Earlier, I had already looked at the Forest River 'PDI sheet' the dealer completed last week during their inspection and set-up. They send their check-list back to the factory. A few weeks back just before the factory began work on my trailer, they gave me a Forest River 'Confirmation' sheet that listed my VIN and itemized all my ordered options. And before that, we completed and both signed a Forest River 'Rockwood MSRP Order Form' when I placed the order in December.

Now, they brought out the Forest River 'Warranty Rgistration form' for me to sign. We covered the items in the walk-through (it's a list of about 75 items), so I signed it next to where the dealer signed it. I was tired now and didn't catch the part where the dealer and I were supposed to put X's in columns next to all the items. Oh well.

Next, they brought out the RV Station sales form. This form itemizes the selling price, taxes, fees, etc., my deposit and the final cash due. I sign it next to where dealer signed it, and wrote out a check for the balance due.

Next, they brought out a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles 'Power of Attorney to Transfer Motor Vehicle' form. This gives the dealer, RV Station, power of attorney to transfer and assign the legal title to the trailer described (my trailer's VIN #) or to purchase and apply for a title to anyone designated by the dealer. I signed this. They explained it was sometimes required for a title transfer by the state.

Next, they brought out a Texas 'Internet Down - Buyers Tag - Dealer Copy.' They explained that they could not their normal online transaction to create a temporary dealer license plate to put on my trailer because the Texas web site was down. This is a stand-by plate process used when that happens. They sign this stuff, I don't, but they said to keep a copy in my trailer until my actual plates arrive. They put the stand-by plate on the back of my trailer.

Next, they brought out a State of Texas form that explains the law requiring trailers over a certain weight to be inspected annually and that dealer is required to inform buyer of this requirement. Neither of us sign this form. And, they explain that I can find this year's inspection sticker near the front of my trailer's frame.

Next, they brought out a partially completed copy of the Forest River 'Additional 12-Month Optional Prottection Plan For Travel Trailers And Fifth Wheels.' They explained the value of this protection (which I was already familiar with) and recommended I send it in with listed payment.

The deal is done, here's the keys, I thought they'd give me an RV Station something for being a good local customer, but just the keys and call if I have problems.

I went around to the parts department and bought bug screens for the water heater, furnace and refridgerator, and an Oxegenics shower head.

The following week, I realized they were supposed to help me locate and complete any required manufacturer warranty forms on installed products (listed under Dealer Responsibilities on page 5 of my 50 page Owner's Manual). The package of operating and installation guides for the installed products was in a kitchen drawer. I'm still trying to figure out if I found all the warranty forms I should send in.

Well, this message gets toward the end of a two-month journey covered by this thread... the process of ordering a trailer from factory thru dealer.

The only problem I've had so far is figuring out a forth key in the two sets of four keys. Although different, turns out it is also for compartment doors.

I still am not sure why Texas RV dealers need a vehicle power of attorney to transfer the title. Maybe it was a backup in case my check bounced. I didn't have to do one to title my cars, trucks, and flat bed trailers, just to title an RV trailer.

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #92
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
The Customer Delivery Paperwork

OK, the Walk-Through is over, we're back at the office.
I forgot to list an important document the dealer handed me while I was signing the "Warranty Registration form." This document did not require my signature.

Keep it in a safe place with your other documents. It's the Forest River Appliance Information Sheet.

Mine has four columns... Item, Manufacture, Model #, Serial #.

There are more items listed in rows on the form than are installed on my trailer. In rows where I have a particular item installed, the model number and serial number columns are completed with handwritten information. Mine essentially gives me the model and serial number of all my appliances, including things like slide toppers and door keys.

On the back, a check-off list tells me the stored location of accessory items like manual crank handles, cords or extensions. Mine had the installer's signature.

Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier. It's a wealth of information if things need service later.

Just received my 2013 license plates and state title application notice in the mail today.

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote