Old 12-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Rip,welcome,there are (2) things that a (lot) of Dealers forget to tell the people about is the 150.00$ 2nd year and to join (FROG). Frog is free,and the Ind.Rally has a lot of Free perks as well! Youroo!!
Youroo is correct; my dealer didn't say anything about the 2nd year warranty from the dealer. However, they did try to sell me their warranty, which included two service appointments and the winterization for two years. They also tried to sell me a "break-down" warranty, which covers the tire repair. I'll have to look when we get home at how much they were asking, but $700 comes to mind.

I found out about the 2nd year from this forum; wrote a check and sent it in with my paperwork (approx 2 mths after out purchase). No problems, really glad you guys are talking about this stuff here.

My only question; Is there anything else my dealer should have told me?

And thanks again for everyone's help.....

Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #42

Wish I'd known about the second year - found out about it here, but too late. Our dealer did the same - try to sell us a private warranty and maintenance package. Grrrrr.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #43
rip

CONFIRMATION

Today, there is some progress to note on my order. At the end of last week, my dealer received something official from the factory titled "Confirmation."

This must be what people popularly call a "build sheet" although that's not the title here.

Its header has a lot of factory cutomer, date, order, sales and address information. The itemized information has the Product Code/Descrioption, Serial Number, VIN Number, and a Line Item list of option codes, description and quantity.

The "Confirmation" essentially duplicates the information from the 2013 Windjammer Travel Trailer MSRP Order Form, plus it has the Serial Number and VIN Number for my trailer.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #44

We ordered our flagstaff fiver and just like many others, only placed $1000 down. Not much communication from the dealer while we were waiting but then what else are they going to tell. I did request an "offline" date from the dealer which he got from the factory that builds it. It is just a estimation as to when your rv will be done at the factory. Ours total time was 7-8 weeks from when ordered was placed. Something to remember is that it depends on what the build schedule is at the factory and how your rv falls in line to build it. Most factories build several different types, models, and brands. Where ours was built they do travel trailers, fivers, rockwoods and flagstaff. Now is not their busy time but I believe starting end of January through May there is a big demand. I have seen on here some people ordering in February and not picking it up until the end of May. We ordered Memorial Day weekend and picked up middle of July. From what I understand the VIN number is not assigned until it comes offline or is in the process of being built. So if they are giving you the vin number then it shouldn't be much longer. I would allow a couple weeks for delivery especially with the holiday and then most dealers will call to set up your pdi once they have it on their lot.

Just like many others our dealer tried to sell us their extended warranty and didn't offer forest rivers 2 year extended warranty( thank goodness for this forum or I would not have known). Also from what I understand dealers are not required to offer it either. Our wouldn't even give us the form so I printed the one off this forum. Had no problems at all with that. Definately search for the pdi checklist on this forum. There are several that are very good and covers almost everything. A good pdi should take on average 2-3 hours. Dont let them rush you through it. Congrats on your new trailer and happy camping!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #45
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bnabird View Post
Just like many others our dealer tried to sell us their extended warranty and didn't offer forest rivers 2 year extended warranty( thank goodness for this forum or I would not have known). Also from what I understand dealers are not required to offer it either. Our wouldn't even give us the form so I printed the one off this forum. Had no problems at all with that. Definately search for the pdi checklist on this forum.
My thread is getting long, so I'll key readers back to a couple earlier thread messages that help with the second-year warranty form and PDI checklists

Process of ordering a rv from factory thru dealer

Process of ordering a rv from factory thru dealer

Also "grayfox" pointed out a site that not only helps with towing calculations but has an excellent "inspection checklist" among many other useful checklists.

RV Camping & RV Lifestyle - Changin' Gears

I hope these help readers, now that I'm halfway thru my factory order timeline and the many wonderful forum experiences from others' orders.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #46
rip

Today, I stopped by RV Station, Bryan, TX, and Kelly and I signed a copy of the "Confirmation." This is apparently just between this dealer and me, what I ordered is what they ordered is what the factory is building.

Kelly told the manager, he'd wait a week, then contact their FR rep to inquire about progress on my trailer.

The sales personnel were busy gearing up for the Houston outdoor show this weekend. As I understand it, the various RVS locations help the one close to Houston with their show floor booth. Again, seems like good cooperation among the RVS locations.

I noticed that the small parts area here at my local dealer is loading up with new "popular" stock.

Several years back, when I bought a new boat or a new truck off dealer lots, those dealers surprised me with unexpected drive-off-day extras like a spare prop, life jackets, throw cushions, a cover, spare fuses, floor mats or two-years of oil changes. They understood customer appreciation.

I'll let you know if that repeats in this "rv dealer" world I'm learning about. I need to start doing my homework on delivery inspection and delivery day in general. I'm looking forward to more positives as I learn.

Thanks again to forum members for sharing their factory order experiences with me.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #47

When we ordered our Puma Unleashed before ordering the dealer went over the option list (more than once). Don't remember putting much if anything down. When ready to order the dealer called the factory dealer sales rep & went over the options & availability of doing a couple extra things. ie.. instead of the standard checkerboard awning fabric we wanted anthing else but that. No problem & it was not... got a nice grey stripe. The factory rep gave us an approx. build date when the toyhaulers were next due to run ....was off a week not bad (Total 7-8 weeks from order to delivery). When it was done it took less than a week to be delivered to the dealer. Was told the driver saw our dealers name & took it in front of a couple of other dealers since the other dealer would make the driver wait for up to an hour to off load & our dealer was nice & would do the damage check out, right away & get the driver on his way. Got a couple of extras like a larger TV from the factory.
Over all was not a bad experiance, I checked on it through our dealer about once a week, all was good. Thought could have been a 2012 but it came in a 2013 (we were at the change over time).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #48
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
The factory rep gave us an approx. build date when the toyhaulers were next due to run ....was off a week not bad (Total 7-8 weeks from order to delivery). When it was done it took less than a week to be delivered to the dealer.
MORE NEWS... THEY'RE COOKING MY NEW TRAILER THIS WEEK!!!!

Thanks Oaklevel. My dealer shared the factory "confirmation" with me two weeks ago. It had the VIN # and Serial # plus the list of my options.

Today, the dealer's FR rep told them my trailer was due off the assembly line by the end of this week. I noticed it will come out into sub-freezing temperatures.

Maybe a driver will want to come south with it over the next couple weeks. I imagine weather and the snow/salt roads influence deliveries in the last two weeks of January.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #49

Congratulations rip! We ordered our Salem 30QBSS about the same time you ordered your camper....Dec 10. Our salesperson told us that it could be March before it's ready. Well, I'm a very impatient person, so this wait is torture for me, even though we can't use it during the winter anyway. A week after we placed our order, our dealer shut down for the holidays. We weren't aware that they were going to do this, until I tried to call them a couple weeks later to check on the order progress. Their answering message says that they will shut down on Dec. 15 and re-open in January. Well, I tried to call yesterday and got the same outgoing message. I called Forest River and found out the name of the Salem sales rep, but so far have not been able to speak with him either. I was told by the lady I spoke with that some of their factories are "out till March", but she didn't know if the one making our camper is. I hate to sound like a real dummy, but what does "out till March" mean?? Shut down, backed up till then, etc.??? I've just left another message for the sales rep. I hate to be a pest, but don't like not knowing if this process is going along as it should be or not. Guess I just needed to vent a bit!
bjjohnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #50
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjohnstone View Post
Congratulations rip! We ordered our Salem 30QBSS about the same time you ordered your camper....Dec 10. Our salesperson told us that it could be March before it's ready. Well, I'm a very impatient person, so this wait is torture for me...
James, your 30QBSS is a nice design and a couple feet longer than my Windjammer.

I'm not so much impatient but more like to know what's happening. I'm fortunate that my dealer is keeping me posted this month. December was an information void. January is the opposite.