Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
Oklahoma Proud

We were asked to put 10% (about $2500) down when we ordered. But that 10% was with our B&w comanion figured into the deal, and we got the hitch in a couple weeks, I told them I wanted to install it and have it ready to go when the trailer arived as we were going on vacation 3 days after delivery. I wasn't woried about the 10% since I told him I wasn't sure if I was going to pay cash or finance part of it. We ordered our 2013 on june 5th and received july 24th, but that Is peak season so you should get it quicker.
Good luck and happy camping!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
I tried to read and see if anyone gave a timeline, paperwork or steps to the Forest River order process but missed that thread. Seemed like it would be useful to others not used to working with "RV dealers" and ordering their new trailer for the first time.
-ray
I see that I should not have mentioned my deposit. It's such a small piece of the overall order process.

While I appreciate everyone sharing their deposit experience, I'm more interested in the rest of the stories. Like what forms had to be filled out, timeline of events between customer, dealer, factory, more about order milestones to expect. I've already experienced the deposit, the rest before I drive out the dealer driveway is my unknown.

Perhaps I'll need to start a new thread if this one stays focused on deposits. -ray
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Our dealer requires 20% down when placing a factory order but because our Sabre was the 2nd camper we purchased from them they only asked for 10% down. Ray, when you do the PDI your dealer will probably try to sell you an add on warraanty. Here's a link to downloading info on a 2nd year warranty direct from Forest River: http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pd
For your Rockwood it'll be only $150.
Wiscampsin, the link you added is not working? can you give more info as I'm about 4 months into my first year and I'm certain interested in a second year warranty directly from the factory.

Thanks,
dfskinner
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
rip

dfskinner - there should be an f on the end for pdf files.

http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf

Try this one. -ray
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
rip

I printed the second-year warranty form. That is a great tip for the overall order process. The form on the link says to send within 10 days, but I thought I read some comments on other threads that they submitted their form at later dates. I'm adding it to my list of things to do right after delivery. Thanks again Wiscampin.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
I printed the second-year warranty form. That is a great tip for the overall order process. The form on the link says to send within 10 days, but I thought I read some comments on other threads that they submitted their form at later dates. I'm adding it to my list of things to do right after delivery. Thanks again Wiscampin.
Many of us were able to get the second year warranty past the 10 day period but would recommend not taking the chance. You never know when they will enforce the deadline.

Sounds like you are ahead of the game with finding out about each step or stage and what should be done. I don't have any experience with ordering an RV so my feedback will be limited.

A detailed PDI is very important. There are some examples of PDI inspections here on the forum. You might find it helpful to get a preview of what to expect. The key is to check everything.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
rip

Thanks Terier - I did a search for PDI and found an interesting pdf download and a message (copied his text into a word file, and saved as a nice 2-page pdf file)

Forum's PDI Download:

Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist

Message from PG_rider in general community discussions:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post164925

I can see there are some steps/forms to pay attention to at delivery... a PDI, an acceptance form of some sort, and the second-year warranty form. -ray
Old 12-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #28
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
A detailed PDI is very important. There are some examples of PDI inspections here on the forum. You might find it helpful to get a preview of what to expect. The key is to check everything.
I also picked up that I should schedule my PDI for a morning on a full work day for the dealer, so that any inspection problems can be addressed right away. Putting that in my list of steps to do just before delivery. -ray
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #29

Rip, your dealer should place your order shortly after he has your deposit and give you a ballpark date when finished. After a few weeks call Forest River to talk to a rep, inform them of the finance end date and any other concerns that you have. At that time ask the run date for that model and the approximate offline date, then iform you dealer that you require the VIN# as soon as possdible, make them work for the money.
cantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #30
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantho View Post
After a few weeks call Forest River to talk to a rep...
I didn't know there was a way to call FR and talk to a rep. -ray
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #31

Rip

Find out where the build plant is and make some calls to customer service, request to talk to a Rep. I did this on my order, ask your dealer for the # and poc.
cantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #32

Rip,welcome,there are (2) things that a (lot) of Dealers forget to tell the people about is the 150.00$ 2nd year and to join (FROG). Frog is free,and the Ind.Rally has a lot of Free perks as well! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #33
rip

Because I'm not RV dealer savvy, I really don't know what my dealer is supposed to know about my order, when, and reasonably be able to tell me.

It sounds like my dealer communicates with an area rep, and knows very little about the progress of my order at whichever Forest River factory. When I ask questions, a reply is like... we'll talk with our rep and see what he says and get back with you.

If the Forest River model is... customer talks with dealer, dealer talks with area rep, area rep talks to factory rep, factory rep talks to factory, factory replies to factory rep, factory rep replies to area rep, area rep replies to dealer, dealer replies to customer... then I can see why customers or even dealers find it difficult to ask questions about their order. I guess I was expecting online speeds and simultaneous responses.

I was thinking Forest River would be different than this. Again, I'm an order-novice which is why I'm asking so much on this forum. Which brings me to another well-deserved thank all of you who are taking time to educate me. -ray
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #34

I got my fiver, V-Cross 275, from RV Station, in Cleveland, TX, one of their four locations, February 2012. I had been looking for 17 months and had desided to buy the one that I got, but I wanted one last look at the Houston RV show, prior to paying the $29,900 for it. I took the paper work that RV Station had emailed me
from another of their locations. They had several in Cleveland but the one that I wanted had 50 amp with a second AC in the bedroom. RV Station had 20 RVs at the show and I talked to them at length and when I showed then the paperwork, they introduced me to a Forest River Rep, he looked at the paper work and said if I gave him a $500 deposit today, he would sell it to me for $29,000. Prior to that I had been hagleing with them about the price for a week and that was the best that they could do. They delivered it to Cleveland, about 9 miles from my small ranch and I got it a few days later. I am happy with it and so far I have had no problems, zero, with it. They were easy to work with and I counld not be happier buying from the a dealer that close to my home. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I got my fiver, V-Cross 275, from RV Station, in Cleveland, TX, one of their four locations, February 2012. (split message)... They delivered it to Cleveland, about 9 miles from my small ranch and I got it a few days later. I am happy with it and so far I have had no problems, zero, with it. They were easy to work with and I counld not be happier buying from the a dealer that close to my home. Good Luck
Thanks whj77372 for the positive feedback. So far RV Station, Bryan, TX and RV Station, Nacogdoches, TX have been great. The order process is still mysterious to me and, of course, it takes a while.

From reading previous members' order experiences, my order will reach it's next milestone when a build sheet comes back for approval.

And that just takes longer than I thought after an order is placed. I'm still learning. It's really only been about a week-and-a-half.

I'm so excited about my new trailer. And, I'm happy with choices I made so far. You can almost picture me sitting here fidgeting going hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, what's happening, hurry up, hurry up... The salesman and the FR dealer rep (and forum members) must think I'm a real nut case. And, I thought I was keeping it secret.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #36

Smile

Quote:
Thanks whj77372 for the positive feedback. So far RV Station, Bryan, TX and RV Station, Nacogdoches, TX have been great. The order process is still mysterious to me and, of course, it takes a while.

From reading previous members' order experiences, my order will reach it's next milestone when a build sheet comes back for approval.

And that just takes longer than I thought after an order is placed. I'm still learning. It's really only been about a week-and-a-half.

I'm so excited about my new trailer. And, I'm happy with choices I made so far. You can almost picture me sitting here fidgeting going hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, what's happening, hurry up, hurry up... The salesman and the FR dealer rep (and forum members) must think I'm a real nut case. And, I thought I was keeping it secret.
Ray: I am contemplating purchasing a unit at the RV Station located in Bryan, TX. I will appreciate your future postings on the manner in which they conduct their business. Thanks
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #37
ARLO

tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWHITIS View Post
I ordered my 2013 Rockwood TT with a 1000.00 deposit. It has been 7 weeks and it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I live somewhat close to the Rockwood/Flagstaff plant (4.5 hours) and just returned from home from a guided tour. It is really an impressive sight to see how these are made. Bet you are super excited I know I am!
We were there twice for the tour. Definitely would buy another f/s Signature ultralight
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #38

I placed a build order last Saturday. The dealer went over the build sheet with me, required my signature and requested $3k as a deposit. He told me yesterday that the order had been placed and confirmed by the factory rep even though they are shut down now for the holidays. He indicated it would take approximately 7-8 weeks. He also indicated he would talk to Sabre Sam (ordered a Sabre 36qbok) about specific questions I had. I also called the factory week before last to ask about the second year warranty and they connected me direct to the factory rep. who answered my questions. I had read on another thread in this forum that the actual build takes about a week...we are just in line with other orders, most from dealers for lot sales on popular packages/options. My dealer said it was good to get the order in now because when the factory goes back into production they will be gearing up for spring deliveries.
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #39
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
I placed a build order last Saturday. The dealer went over the build sheet with me, required my signature and requested $3k as a deposit. He told me yesterday that the order had been placed and confirmed by the factory rep even though they are shut down now for the holidays. He indicated it would take approximately 7-8 weeks. He also indicated he would talk to Sabre Sam (ordered a Sabre 36qbok) about specific questions I had. I also called the factory week before last to ask about the second year warranty and they connected me direct to the factory rep. who answered my questions. I had read on another thread in this forum that the actual build takes about a week...we are just in line with other orders, most from dealers for lot sales on popular packages/options. My dealer said it was good to get the order in now because when the factory goes back into production they will be gearing up for spring deliveries.
If you search under the Palomino tab in this forum, SabreSam has a thread that he replies to your questions, he's a great resource!

Once the factory starts your build, they'll have it complete in 2-3 days then it'll take anywheres from 1-2 weeks for it to be delivered to your Dealer.

Your Dealer should have a form for the 2nd year warranty when you pick up your camper, just fill out and mail with check to factory...very easy.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #40
rip

Quote:
I placed a build order last Saturday. The dealer went over the build sheet with me, required my signature and requested $3k as a deposit. He told me yesterday that the order had been placed and confirmed by the factory rep even though they are shut down now for the holidays. He indicated it would take approximately 7-8 weeks.
This is similar to what happened at my dealer, except we completed and signed a 2013 Windjammer Travel Trailer MSRP Order Form. They said a "factory build sheet" should arrive in a week, and we would need to sign that too confirming the order. What they called a "factory build sheet" has not come back, and we have not signed it. My order was placed three weeks ago.

About five days after my order I inquired, my dealer replied "Forest River has not yet made the build sheet on the trailer the order has been approved through our company president and our dealer rep." He still predicted an 8-week timeline from order to delivery.

Quote:
He also indicated he would talk to Sabre Sam (ordered a Sabre 36qbok) about specific questions I had. I also called the factory week before last to ask about the second year warranty and they connected me direct to the factory rep. who answered my questions.
I should probably see if I can get a phone number for Forest River, and do the same.

Quote:
I had read on another thread in this forum that the actual build takes about a week...we are just in line with other orders, most from dealers for lot sales on popular packages/options. My dealer said it was good to get the order in now because when the factory goes back into production they will be gearing up for spring deliveries.
That is good to know. My delivery was estimated first two weeks of February. Thanks for all the info.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4