Old 12-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #1

Progressive Insurance

Does anyone have experience with RV insurance from Progressive? Here's the issue: I've had my 5th wheel for 10 years and all that time I've been insured with National Interstate through Explorer RV Insurance Agency. I received word a couple of weeks ago that National Interstate will no longer be writing personal insurance, including RV insurance. I tried the Good Sam agency and learned the only carrier they handle that writes in New Jersey is Progressive.

I contacted Explorer RV to see what alternative they could offer and was told they don't have a provider that writes in New Jersey. When I asked why, I was told someone would call me back. So far no call.

I then contacted Family Motor Coach Association's insurance agency and got a quote from them. Once again, it's from Progressive. I have nothing against Flo, but I'd like to know what I may be facing with Progressive, so if you have experience with the company, I'd like to hear from you.

Of course, if you know of an insurance provider other than Progressive that does an outstanding job, that, would be useful information too.

Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 28 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #2

I have my trailer and auto insurance through progressive I'm from Michigan so we have the highest auto rates in the country and progressive was the cheapest

jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #3

I have Progressive. I liked that I could choose A) a huge deductible (lowering the rate) but one which reduces by half each year that I don't have a claim and B) I could choose any amount of content coverage from a drop down menu.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #4

Geico here in ny. 130 for the year
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #5

Progressive Insurance

When we purchased this RV in October we got a quote from them. It was a little more expensive than our previous coverage. The policy covered more so at least I got more for my money. At the moment we are dealing with them on a claim when my RV was broken into last week. I must say this has been the smoothest process I have dealt with ever dealing with any insurance company. So I would recommend them. The annual cost was $327. I have $2000 contents coverage. I also have liability coverage on any rented site I stay at so if anyone falls on my site while Iím in my Rv I cannot be sued personally.
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #6

I will never claim my rates are cheap. But I appreciate what I am covering, and can't find another company that will provide what they do. I sure NEVER want to try and cover my RV via my existing vehicle or homeowners policy, nor even the same company!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #7

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the guidance and suggestions.
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 28 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #8

Progressive was the best for what we were looking for. How they handle claims I hope to never have to find out, but from what the policy is covering I should be all good.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #9

I got a tail-end hit on the MH while I was in a Truck Stop. No liability on my part, as I was parked. $9000 claim for repairing the fiberglass rear cap. Although the trucker's insurance carrier accepted full responsibility, my policy was progressive and they handled all the details with the other company and the body shop. Couldn't have had a better experience.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #10

Have not used progressive on the RV but I used them for a claim on the car. It was very easy and no denied claim as I had from previous carriers. Loved how easy they were and the flexibility. I would use them again but had a better rate with someone else adding homeowners so I changed. I would use them again.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #11

Awesome service and coverage with my local State Farm agent.
Melntb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #12

I have Progressive on my Class A, the policy cost $1000 for the year with a $400 deductible. We had damage from Hurricane Irma, took pictures through their app and started the process easily on my phone. Guy came out inspected everything he even found a couple things that I didn't notice. He waived my deductible because he found a couple small dings that wouldn't be worth repairing. He then asked where I wanted to get it repaired then he called the repair shop got their rates and figured out the price for parts and then cut me a check for over $3500 in my driveway. Has since been repaired with no out of pocket money. So for me Progressive has been awesome.
jtjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #13

We fulltime with our 5ver/truck and Jeep............everything is covered by Progressive and had had no problems. Had swapped from National General to Progressive a few years ago and the rates were over half of what NG was......with more coverage.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewie View Post
Does anyone have experience with RV insurance from Progressive?
I have RV coverage from Progressive, but no experience in dealing with them on that level.

I primarily went with Progressive because my motorcycle was insured with them for many, many years, and I never had a problem with them with pricing or claims. Personally, I recommend them.

2000 Forest River Wildwood Lite
2006 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel 4x4
GAGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
Scoundrel

I have not had to file a claim for anything, but State Farm covers my TT and everything else that I own.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
I have not had to file a claim for anything, but State Farm covers my TT and everything else that I own.

I had StateFarm on everything I own including my business. You really should look into what they cover for your Rv. They didnít even come close to what Progressive covered.

Now I have StateFarm for everything except my RV. I love StateFarm but once I saw what they DIDNT cover I switched in a heartbeat.

Just my $.02.
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewie View Post
Does anyone have experience with RV insurance from Progressive? Here's the issue: I've had my 5th wheel for 10 years and all that time I've been insured with National Interstate through Explorer RV Insurance Agency. I received word a couple of weeks ago that National Interstate will no longer be writing personal insurance, including RV insurance. I tried the Good Sam agency and learned the only carrier they handle that writes in New Jersey is Progressive.

I contacted Explorer RV to see what alternative they could offer and was told they don't have a provider that writes in New Jersey. When I asked why, I was told someone would call me back. So far no call.

I then contacted Family Motor Coach Association's insurance agency and got a quote from them. Once again, it's from Progressive. I have nothing against Flo, but I'd like to know what I may be facing with Progressive, so if you have experience with the company, I'd like to hear from you.

Of course, if you know of an insurance provider other than Progressive that does an outstanding job, that, would be useful information too.
I have progressive on our 5th wheel. When getting quotes I found them the best price with much coverage. Accident forgiveness, replacement value, etc.

I have not had to make a claim so am glad to hear others positive replys when making a claim.

I would suggest bypassing the middle man and go to progressive website directly. Get a quote from them and compare to others. You may be pleasantly surprised, I was.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #18

I found out I was being ripped off by State Farm for over 35 years. Motorcycle Is through progressive cars and trailer national general.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #19
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
I had StateFarm on everything I own including my business. You really should look into what they cover for your Rv. They didnít even come close to what Progressive covered.

Now I have StateFarm for everything except my RV. I love StateFarm but once I saw what they DIDNT cover I switched in a heartbeat.
Thanks, I will do that.

Rich

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #20

I have Progressive through USAA and so far so good. Currently have a claim in. Called on a Sunday, was told to get call back from regional rep in a couple days. Provide him additional details and he gave me name/number of local rep who'll work directly with the dealer. He's called 3 times to provide updates, just waiting on those damn parts to come in from the factory.

Days camped 2017: 7
Days camped 2018: 15
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance