Old 11-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #1

Progressive Travel Trailer Insurance

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and found out some interesting information today. I have a travel trailer insurance policy with progressive. I was talking to an agent today and they informed me progressive will be coming out with some interesting rv insurance add onís. These include some sort of roof replacement coverage and pest coverage. She did not have additional details such as coverage or price but told me they would possible be available in early 2019. Not sure what the coverage will cover but this does sound interesting as a rv owner! Has anyone else been hearing anything like this or have any details?

billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

My truck insurance covers the TT while towing. Since my TT is on a seasonal site in another county I needed to get property insurance on it at a cost of $175 a year.

Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Operator/Technician, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I have Progressive on my 5'ver...

It was insured like it was a home as I was travelling around full-timing in it for six months, but now it is sitting in a storage lot.

While I thought I had expressed this to my agent...it seems that the bill hasn't gone down.

Guess I need to give her a call tomorrow...

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean YOU should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
My truck insurance covers the TT while towing. Since my TT is on a seasonal site in another county I needed to get property insurance on it at a cost of $175 a year.
Tow vehicle insurance does not cover the value of a trailer while you are towing it. It covers third party liability for any damage/injury caused by the trailer.

2018 Coachmen Viking 21RD
2012 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Full-timing since October 2017
johntaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #5

I also have everything under Progressive, made the switch about a year ago after State Farm started raising rates for no reason. Thanks for the heads up! Those coverages could come in handy, I'll have to keep my eyes open for when they're available and what they cover/how they work. I suspect it may be like the RV warranty where damage from improper maintenance isn't covered but legitimate damage is.

It's disappointing that insurance companies don't care about customer retention and don't allow their agents to negotiate lower premiums to try and avoid losing customers. We had at least 8 policies with State Farm and were with them for 10 years, when I told them we were changing to another company because of the rate creep our agent was like "Oh, sorry to hear that. Oh well."
Old 11-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #6

I switched to Nationwide from Progressive. Nationwide has awning replacement coverage. Good to hear Progressive adding additional coverages.

Safe and happy travels.
Days camped 2018: 15
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #7

I had the same problem with state Farm, now have progressive thru USAA
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:47 PM   #8

We have Progressive on our 3 year old RV! Our policy already covers those items, but you have to be in 100% compliance with the very specific coverage paragraph statements! We are USAA customers for everything else! USAA recommended Progresive on our RV. They did good! We learned the hard way about real rodent coverage! Two wiring harnesses chewed up by mice! $4,000 in damages! We paid the $500 deductible! Progressive picked up the rest. We were in total compliance with the policy requirements! Dan
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 PM   #9

Odd that the agent told me they are not available yet? What kind of trailer do you have? Maybe price range has a factor?
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #10

Progressive Insurance

Bill D - found out an interesting thing. We also had progressive thru USAA but then Progressive called me and their direct price for the same policy was cheaper! Go figure!

Mikolow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, trailer, travel, travel trailer