Old 11-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #21

Did I mention earlier that this was stressing me out fellas !!! DONT DO THIS TO ME !! lol If a local dealer blows me off (should I need service), I'm lucky enough to know someone at the Rialto factory. He's a good dude and fairly high up on the food-chain...just not high enough to have his factory make my floorplan (26TBSS) in our market ;-)

Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #22

The security of buying from a dealer isn't always there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I called Hitcharama RV dealer where I got my trailer this year to set up an appointment for the warranty work that needs to be done .To may surprise the answering machine pick up and said that they locked there doors with a phone number so that people can remove there personal property what a shock !! Now I'm stuck some of the repairs they were going to do can't be done elsewhere because of the 90 day on trim and finish work , so sometimes it doesnít matter if you buy online or in person you still might have to look for a new dealer to do your service work after all !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #23
Cyber Phrenologist

Since this is about money, or lack thereof, I moved it here.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #24

OK...here's the deal. I received our 26TBSS on Friday. Shipping company was good and kept me informed as to ETA and called the morning of arrival. Trailer arrived in good shape and was exactly what I ordered. Now...I found that I do not have a spare tire (or lug wrench), did not get the paperwork for the one year free roadside assistance, and did not get any sort of welcome kit (no hoses, electrical adapters, water regulators, etc). I e-mailed Jamie at Couch's and learned that they do not provide the above any longer as they sell at wholesale. She did provide me a link to the pdf for the free roadside assistance from Forest River.

All told, I can't complain at all about the deal. Of course that will change as soon as something goes wrong (knock on wood). I got the floorplan I wanted (not avail in my market) for the price I wanted. It was stressful buying sight unseen. Hopefully my experience is helpful to others. Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #25

Oh yeah....I found a spot on the underside of one of the bench seats that was missing some molding. Jaime advised to send her some pictures of the damage so she could direct me on how to get it repaired/replaced.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #26

Took the new rig out for it's first voyage this past weekend. I'm pleased to report all went well and I was really happy. Kids enjoyed the trip and we are looking forward to going out more often.

One thing I didn't know....well there's actually a lot I didn't know, but...I couldn't figure out why I didn't have any hot water. Water heater was working, but no hot water. Well...it seems you east-coast folks utilize by-pass lines for winterizing yer rigs. When mine came from the Indiana factory, this by-pass was enabled and no water was going to the heater. I dunno...maybe that's how they all come, but it took me a while to figure that out.

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #27

Yes, the trailers do come winterized from the factory, but it's the dealers responsibility to flush the fresh water system and return the WH by-pass to the correct state.
This is only one of many steps that should be taken by the dealer in his Vehical Pre-Delivery prior to a sale.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #28
26DS User

Don't feel bad about the missing items, as you get the same game from local dealers. We had one of the worst experiences with Great Lakes RV Center. Not only were they crooked when it came to financing (by telling us they can get a better rate if we bought the extended warranty) us in an illegal manner, but they did not gives us the shore cable or any hoses, and even the welcome kit looked like it had been partially used. We also spent 11 months and utilized the Indiana State Attorney General just to get our warranty refunded.

A good deal is only as good as your bottom-line price, and follow-thru by the dealer. And, unless you live around the corner from any dealer or it breaks down near them what does the dealer location have to do with anything.

Anyway, have fun. Plan ahead. Listen to advice, but only a little...God Bless.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #29

We shopped the internet for the best price on the the specific model and extras that we wanted. Found rvwholsalers.com to have the best price. We than emailed all of the Rockwood dealers in the closer states for a quote. A few dealers replied back with much higher prices but one in particular Nolans RV in Denver CO called asked what my quote was, where it was from and was eager to match it. The sales rep seemed on the ball and trustworthy in conversation. Well needless to say Denver was a lot closer and the dealer was matching dollar for dollar. My trip to pick up the trailer was approx 3,000 miles round trip (left on a Monday night 9PM back home Friday Midnight). By driving to Denver I was able to inspect the trailer very carefully before taking possession (After an excited pick up of my first travel trailer I learned that haste makes waste). Getting the trailer home only to discover problem after problem which you end up getting fixed after spending time back and forth to the dealer). Thankfully, my inspection on this trailer was all needless as the Nolans salesrep personally went over it with a fine tooth comb so that I did not have any delays in getting back home. Dealers make money on warranty and non warranty repairs so I wasn't extremely worried about problems and driving, if I had to, wasn't a concern either.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote