Old 10-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #11

Can I ask what warranty parts were you waiting on so long? It sounds like an awning or an awning part by your 1st post. Is that correct? I ordered decals and had them within a week after I had to send pictures of the exact ones needed. Other parts such as common switches and a hot water heater limit which are common in all the units I always got within a week. As I posted before it did take awhile for a ladder. Even once when my TV went out my dealer just went and bought a new one at Walmart while I waited. Even asked what 32" I would prefer. So really I can't cast a total blanket over the whole company. I'm glad you got Bob to help you he has helped other people also to get things expedited. I glad you made your point and noise with them. Sometimes a good boot gets things done. So good for you, and I hope they sent the right part, I know they will send the wrong ones also. I'm glad to hear your nightmare is almost over....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #12

Yeah I agree my wife and I are only in our 30's and love camping and probably would have been life long owners of forest rivers but now I prob. Will go with another brand. We were already talking about moving up to a class A in a year. This was our frist camper and we really didn't know what we needed or wanted so we were starting here and planning to go bigger and better.. just think how many sells just off of us they have lost over the next few years. Man I am glad I don't run my businesses this away.

Rustydade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #13

This appears to be the norm. It took just over 4 months to get a replacement part for our Coachman after a minor accident (my fault). The trailer was in the shop from April 4th until late August. First the part was promised from Forest River and not delivered, then to be told that they never actually had a spare to begin with. So it had to be manufactured. Then they lost the part. Also, my repair shop (the dealer) let us down I believe, by not following up with Forest River. It was only after I wrote emails and made phone calls to Forest River that things happened. I really like our trailer, but the experience has made us doubt we will ever buy Forest River again. Anyway, glad your problem is getting resolved.

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Rustydade, psaman, I think you two will find that you will have the same problem with other manufacturers. Having been camping for 53+ yrs and talking to other people, everyone has horror stories about all of them up to an including the million dollar plus Prevosts.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Rustydade, psaman, I think you two will find that you will have the same problem with other manufacturers. Having been camping for 53+ yrs and talking to other people, everyone has horror stories about all of them up to an including the million dollar plus Prevosts.
I had suspicions that was the case.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
I had suspicions that was the case.
With the many years of camping we've done, I will say that I have never heard of a rally held by any manufacture EXCEPT Forest River, where you could go and have any problem you had fixed FOR FREE. This happened last year and I was a witness to it this year. I think you two fellows may be burning a big bridge by eliminating Forest River. Next year, make plans to attend the rally and see for yourselves! End of sermon.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydade View Post
Yeah I agree my wife and I are only in our 30's and love camping and probably would have been life long owners of forest rivers but now I prob. Will go with another brand. We were already talking about moving up to a class A in a year. This was our frist camper and we really didn't know what we needed or wanted so we were starting here and planning to go bigger and better.. just think how many sells just off of us they have lost over the next few years. Man I am glad I don't run my businesses this away.
I doubt if they will lose any sales, as the Old Goat OC said every trailer made has problems. He is correct on that. But as everyone say's that been around awhile say's the samething it's hard to beat FR and there P.R. by what they do it will overshadow anything that is standard in the industry no matter what brand. This is my 3rd FR product, either I'm a glutton for punishment or they are pretty up there in my opinion. Never seen another dealer help you for free out of warranty. Its hard to beat them and they sell more TT then any other brand. Sorry you think that way. They are really a good company.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

Don't forget that FR makes some NICE Class A campers.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #19

Well this is our second Forest River product and we have been happy with both. This was just our first time dealing with repairs and it was very aggravating. I'm sure for every story like mine there is someone who had the opposite experience. We plan on keeping this trailer for awhile and it may be silly to say we won't buy Forest River again, but the frustration is still fresh and time will pass.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
Well this is our second Forest River product and we have been happy with both. This was just our first time dealing with repairs and it was very aggravating. I'm sure for every story like mine there is someone who had the opposite experience. We plan on keeping this trailer for awhile and it may be silly to say we won't buy Forest River again, but the frustration is still fresh and time will pass.
Frustration at the time can be and often is overpowering. Make plans to go to next year's rally. It's a fantastic experience and you will be amazed at what happens there for FR customers plus you get to meet the Phat Phrog Stunt Team and partake in their Pot Luck.

Tags
customer service, delay, factory, parts