Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #11

Interesting... So then, if $17,900 is a typical new price, what would a fair used price be for a one year old unit? It has the Murphy bed, double bunk, TV, wood-look floor, 14" wheels, full oven and stove top, outdoor grill... Everything but power awning I believe.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

it might help knowing where you live, since prices in the Midwest are way lower than either coasts. prices vary a lot, depending on your region.
that price you got would be a good one in California, since we are the farthest from the factories in Indiana.

and using NADA is pretty worthless other than ballpark numbers. looking at what others are selling for is more valuable.
NADA had my '07 Roo 23SS worth more than what i paid for it new, for the first 4 years i owned it.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #13

There are a lot of variables in the purchase price of any unit (trade-in, options, etc.) I can only tell you my experience in that I placed an order a week ago for a brand new 2306 with most every option except alumninum wheels and heated holding tanks. Without trade-in my price out-the-door was $14.9K and that included a two year manufacturer warranty. With that said, I think you would be well served to shop around and maybe buy a new unless you can get it for well below $14K. The warranty alone will make it worthwhile. On some repairs you can easily exceed the difference in "new vs. used" pricing if not under warranty.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
I can only tell you my experience in that I placed an order a week ago for a brand new 2306 with most every option except alumninum wheels and heated holding tanks. Without trade-in my price out-the-door was $14.9K and that included a two year manufacturer warranty. With that said, I think you would be well served to shop around and maybe buy a new unless you can get it for well below $14K. The warranty alone will make it worthwhile.
Wow, great price! Did that include the Murphy bed and double bunk options?

RVW offered a price in the mid-$15k range for a new one with all those options. To be honest, $14k is our max budget so I don't think new is going to work for us, hence my desire to do a deal on this used unit I found. I'm hoping she accepts our offer, as there doesn't seem to be many used 2306s/23LBs out there in the field at the moment!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
(Kim)

I like your tastes in trailers!!

We bought a 2012 2306 last May and base price was 15,700.
This included 14 inch tires, oven, Con package, raised refridge panels and CSA approval (which is around a $400 option).
This does NOT include tax, which for us in Canada was 13% HST.
So I can see how the mid 15k price is fair for new.
As with everything else, trailers also depreciate, so I think your offer of 13-14k is fair for this used trailer.

Good luck!!!

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags