Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #1

Reasonable expectations

We have settled on the new motorhome we want to order. We received a quote from RVDirect within 12 hours with great personal follow up. Contacted 3 dealers within 150 miles of us to request quote to order new unit as comparison as we prefer to buy from a local dealer. We've been waiting 5 days from one, 3 from another and 2 from the other. No trade in. Cash or financing to buy. Have received promises to get back to us from all salespeople, but nobody has. We weren't calling from the blue...visited two dealers, referred to one of the others. What is a reasonable time to wait before getting disgusted? We have the money/credit...can't believe it.
2jcsontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #2

A call to the owner/general manager of those local dealerships explaining what has been happening will get a quick response - guaranteed! What has been probably happening is the salespeople you have been dealing with have dealt with too many fishing expeditions. But it doesn't matter. Sales aren't that easy to come by and every call has to be taken seriously.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #3

I am surprised at the salesperson's behavior, but guess I shouldn't be. We have met with 2 of them in person, given financial information to one, talked with them all on the phone...maybe they were put off when I asked them to tell me about their sales, PDI process and the qualifications of their service technicians. Good grief!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #4
Coachman 312BHDS

I am sure you sounded like tire kickers and most folks they meet are. Typically, price is negotiated on the contract in person and qoutes aren't given out or if they are expect them to be high. Without some cash on the table you aren't serious to them.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I have always had dealerships get back to me within 24 hours or less (business days). If they don't want your business then they must not need your business...
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #6

Where are you located? I like rv direct for pricing and what you are doing, most of them won't match or beat but some will. I can suggest a place I went to that was a lower price, added washer and dryer as well, and gave me thousands more for my trade truck. Could have sold outright but wanted sales tax credit as around 40k and they came to what I could sell by owner at.

Forest river has been actually really good to work with as my closest dealer won't call me back at all. I've been going to a smaller shop that carries different brands but they take good care of me.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:27 AM   #7

Done!

Thank you for suggestions. We finally found someone to work with us and have purchased our new motorhome! Hooray!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 AM   #8
DW's 401(k) Plan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jcsontheroad View Post
Thank you for suggestions. We finally found someone to work with us and have purchased our new motorhome! Hooray!
Inquiring minds want to know.... So, what did you get?

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote