Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
10x

We applied online last night

Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJim View Post
We are going to buy a new trailer in NW Ohio . I called this credit union in Elkhart and inquired if they could finance it . We live in Tn . Without even asking me anything about what we want to borrow she said she would ask her supervisor and call me back so she got my phone # . In 45 minutes she called back . She said they would not be interested in financing an out of state loan . I told her we previously had financed a 5th wheel thru a Credit Union in Arizona (did it all on the phone and fax ) even though at the time we lived in Michigan . I told her we would only be 1 hour away when we went to pick up the trailer and if they could pre approve the loan with paper work and fax and phone we could drive to Elkhart before we picked up the trailer in Ohio if that helped. She said they were not doing any out of state business . In today's world this is hard to believe ! We could finance thru MANY places on the phone out of state . Bank of the West for one. Maybe I got a girl on the phone who didn't know any better ? I only called because that's a very low interest rate . If I was local I would be all over that deal !! Jim
I used to work for a credit union right after college. Most times (not all) with credit unions they have strict by-laws that prohibit who can be a member and they have no other choice but to refuse if you don't fit the criteria.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #13

Thanks travyp, I didn't know that . I knew some are tied to certain industries or vocation etc. Jim
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #14

Right on.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah.rrt View Post
Right on.
Thanks, this forum is awesome. Alot of great info, help And people
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #16

Gizmo. I believe you do have to be a member. Im 50 miles from the nearest store but we go every 2-3 weeks. Best price on produce by far. And other services make it worth it.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #17

I applied at chi phone but they said I had to live in northern Indiana or southern Michigan to be eligible. I just refinanced my 2011 Salem 5th wheel for 3.99% through share fax credit union cincinnati ohio. They are running special through February for over 10,000 up to 120 months for 3.99% with beacon over 670. Also have auto special 1.99 new or 2.50 refinance back to 2007. Call Lisa or Troy at 513-943-6330. Tell them Ed sent you!