Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #1

Refinanced through Costco (essex credit)

Just wanted to throw this out there. I just reified my xlr27hfs through The Costco website (must be a costco member) and got 4.39%. Dropped my payment $80/month. $168 closing cost. Good customer service as well.
rah.rrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah.rrt View Post
Just wanted to throw this out there. I just reified my xlr27hfs through The Costco website (must be a costco member) and got 4.39%. Dropped my payment $80/month. $168 closing cost. Good customer service as well.
I just made the first payment on the dealer provided loan, at 4.99.

4.99 is not bad, but I like 4.39 even better.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #3

Nice. My dealer said 7% was the best they could do. And i get a $50 costco card when i make the first payment.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #4

well if anyone is in the northern Indiana chi phone credit union is offering a promotion right now of 2.49 for up to 120 months the only fee is the 5 for membership and 5 to have in your account. we just used them to purchase new Catalina
mshell56118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
10x

Quote:
Did you apply online or did you have to call them? How long did the process take? We are taking delivery on a new TT on 3/12/13. Dealer was offering 5.22%

thank you for the great info!
10x
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #6

We applied tonight--online. Says it takes about 48 hours. Keeping our payment the same but cutting down on the term of the loan. Tried to give our current lending company a chance to meet and hopefully beat the Essex offer--they couldn't even come close.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #7

We are going to buy a new trailer in NW Ohio . I called this credit union in Elkhart and inquired if they could finance it . We live in Tn . Without even asking me anything about what we want to borrow she said she would ask her supervisor and call me back so she got my phone # . In 45 minutes she called back . She said they would not be interested in financing an out of state loan . I told her we previously had financed a 5th wheel thru a Credit Union in Arizona (did it all on the phone and fax ) even though at the time we lived in Michigan . I told her we would only be 1 hour away when we went to pick up the trailer and if they could pre approve the loan with paper work and fax and phone we could drive to Elkhart before we picked up the trailer in Ohio if that helped. She said they were not doing any out of state business . In today's world this is hard to believe ! We could finance thru MANY places on the phone out of state . Bank of the West for one. Maybe I got a girl on the phone who didn't know any better ? I only called because that's a very low interest rate . If I was local I would be all over that deal !! Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #8

farmerjim, my credit union is the same way. they like to be close to ur home in case they need to repossess. it cost more to repossess the farther away it is.

when i bought, the dealer beat my cretit union. a couple years later, i was able to refinance at a lower rate. tried to negotiate with the bank for a lower rate rather than switching. they weren't interested so i refinanced with another co. i wondering if they just don't want to modify the original deal or hope u will stay with their higher rate.
my credit union does not charge a fee to loan money but it was still cheaper to pay the fee and get a lower rate.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Do you have to be a Costco member? We don't have any stores around here but the refi seems like a good deal.
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #10

We applied on line, will have the lian papers early next week. Close about a week after that.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
10x

We applied online last night
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJim View Post
We are going to buy a new trailer in NW Ohio . I called this credit union in Elkhart and inquired if they could finance it . We live in Tn . Without even asking me anything about what we want to borrow she said she would ask her supervisor and call me back so she got my phone # . In 45 minutes she called back . She said they would not be interested in financing an out of state loan . I told her we previously had financed a 5th wheel thru a Credit Union in Arizona (did it all on the phone and fax ) even though at the time we lived in Michigan . I told her we would only be 1 hour away when we went to pick up the trailer and if they could pre approve the loan with paper work and fax and phone we could drive to Elkhart before we picked up the trailer in Ohio if that helped. She said they were not doing any out of state business . In today's world this is hard to believe ! We could finance thru MANY places on the phone out of state . Bank of the West for one. Maybe I got a girl on the phone who didn't know any better ? I only called because that's a very low interest rate . If I was local I would be all over that deal !! Jim
I used to work for a credit union right after college. Most times (not all) with credit unions they have strict by-laws that prohibit who can be a member and they have no other choice but to refuse if you don't fit the criteria.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #13

Thanks travyp, I didn't know that . I knew some are tied to certain industries or vocation etc. Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #14

Right on.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
10x

Quote:
Right on.
Thanks, this forum is awesome. Alot of great info, help And people
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #16

Gizmo. I believe you do have to be a member. Im 50 miles from the nearest store but we go every 2-3 weeks. Best price on produce by far. And other services make it worth it.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #17

I applied at chi phone but they said I had to live in northern Indiana or southern Michigan to be eligible. I just refinanced my 2011 Salem 5th wheel for 3.99% through share fax credit union cincinnati ohio. They are running special through February for over 10,000 up to 120 months for 3.99% with beacon over 670. Also have auto special 1.99 new or 2.50 refinance back to 2007. Call Lisa or Troy at 513-943-6330. Tell them Ed sent you!
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote