Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
That's interesting - she told me I had to order the whole package, I couldn't order just a piece of the decal package. I just put in the order today. Her name was Kathy Wing and she was very specific that it would cost me $91.20 plus tax and shipping. This is what I e-mailed her:
"I only need the part of the decal that is on the cargo door - is that $91.20? Or is that the decal for the whole side? Can I order just that small piece?"
She called me on the phone and confirmed that I had to order "the decal" for $91.20. I could not order only a piece. This small part's probably worth $6.00.
I'm glad you posted - hopefully other people will not have to pay so much for just what they need.

bjdewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #12

Try e-bay , i had seen some decals offered for a very low price a month ot 2 ago..Good luck !!

dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #13
I understand now, no I don't see them cutting a large decal.
2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS Travel Trailer

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #14
I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post
@CoCaCa03 Concerning the old vinyl I just had to remove a bunch of 6 year old vinyl on one of our pickups and found a product on the net called vinyl off (Vinyl-Off by CrystalTek? Green products that work) and it makes short work of getting the old vinyl off
Zoomer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
After seeing this post I ordered a small bottle of Vinyl Off. It does every thing they say it will do. It took off decal and adhesive. All I had to do was pull the decal off.
2007 Sierra 301 BHD
2008 Ford F-250 XLT CC 6.4L PS
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Jorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
Always be careful with vinyl off and test an inconspicuous area first. I know for a fact it turns gm plastic (like door handles and cladding) white and works so well it will drip down and soften the glue on your moldings! Test, test, test! Other than that, it's a freaking miracle!
hotlinessigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
How do you get the old decals off? Any ideas, is there a solvent to help dissolve the glue.
swampfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #18

I e-mailed Forest River and said I wanted to keep my Surveyor looking new and the fron decals are peeling. I agreed to put them on and they sent me a set for free.

Mark-Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
Replacing Decals

We too had issues with decals on our 2006 Rockwood fifth wheel 8285ss. I contacted Forest River Parts Dept. They were kind enough to send us a picture of our trailer with pictures of the different decals and the part # for each one. They were happy to send to us in Canada. All but 1 on the door side of our fifth wheel needed to be replaced, not just curling some were cracked and large pieces peeled off. also replaced 2 of the "Rockwood" decals and 1 large decal on the slide side. 9 in total.
I also googled vinyl removers and found an excellent product to use. "Vinyl Off" worked absolutely amazing. Peel of the top part of the sticker, spray on the vinyl off and spread over the sticky part that stays on the trailer. I let sit for maybe 4-5 minutes then used a plastic scraper to scrape off.
It was unbelieveable how quick and easy it was to remove the glue with this stuff.
Also had a friend who has had alot of experience putting decals on vehicles come show us how to put the new ones on.
first clean areas with rubbing alcohol, mark with approx. 1" pieces of painters tape where decals need to go back on. Use the wet method (water in a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap) to put decals back on, gives lots of time to place decals exactly where they need to go.
Look on You Tube re: "vinyl off" and "replace rv decals". Great instructional videos. I bought 2 bottles of vinyl off on ebay but didn't even use 1 full bottle for 9 decals
Good Luck! It actually is easier than you may think.
Muskokatingeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
I'm with "hotlinessigns" on this one. I use two (2) different local sign/logo businesses for my work truck and trailers. These are both ran by nice ladies who do have an "eye" for such as this. I have seen TT's at their business site and they were replacing some of those wild, curved, overlapping stripes due to fading or damage. The newer signage materials are made to withstand the weather better than most of the older materials. One of these lady's does tank trucks for a large petro carrier and has put their standard logo/striping on then done some of her own striping images---very nice looking petro tankers out there.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote