Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #21

FR Email address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Surveyor View Post
I e-mailed Forest River and said I wanted to keep my Surveyor looking new and the fron decals are peeling. I agreed to put them on and they sent me a set for free.

Mark
Do you still have the Forest River email address? I have been to their site and can't find it anywhere.

Thank you,
J
odraighnean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
PPST OGCDG

Rod Batts
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 Fax
rbatts@forestriverinc.com
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #23

Sunseeker Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
Rod Batts
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 Fax
rbatts@forestriverinc.com
Does anyone know if this email address is still good. The phone # seams to go to someone else.

I am looking to replace the Decals on a 2006 Sunseeker.

Thanks in advance
Lynn
rocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #24

Replacement decals for 2006 Sunseeker

I have a 2006 Sunseeker and when I crunched one of my cargo doors I needed the replacement door and decals. I couldn’t order just one decal for the door, they have them for the whole side and that’s what I ended up with. “THE DECAL WOULD BE $91.20 PLUS SHIPPING” is the response I received in April 2011.

Kind of pricey – but worth it to have the motor home look good again. And I’ve kept the rest, just in case.

This is who I contacted at the time. I was in California, and apparently they have people in different areas of the country:

Kathy Wing
E:mail: kwing@forestriverinc.com
Forest River's Sunseeker Parts Department
574-534-3167

PS - I was informed my 2006 is actually a 2007 (when I sent them my VIN number). The Ford truck it's on is a 2006 so that's how it's registered. I don't know if that makes a difference with the decals.
bjdewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdewell View Post
I have a 2006 Sunseeker and when I crunched one of my cargo doors I needed the replacement door and decals. I couldn’t order just one decal for the door, they have them for the whole side and that’s what I ended up with. “THE DECAL WOULD BE $91.20 PLUS SHIPPING” is the response I received in April 2011.

Kind of pricey – but worth it to have the motor home look good again. And I’ve kept the rest, just in case.

This is who I contacted at the time. I was in California, and apparently they have people in different areas of the country:

Kathy Wing
E:mail: kwing@forestriverinc.com
Forest River's Sunseeker Parts Department
574-534-3167

PS - I was informed my 2006 is actually a 2007 (when I sent them my VIN number). The Ford truck it's on is a 2006 so that's how it's registered. I don't know if that makes a difference with the decals.
Thanks for the info and your quick reply. I received an email back from Kathy Wing and was told the decals are no longer available for the 2006 Sunseeker.

I will have a local Auto graphics shop make and install for around estimated $200.00
Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #26

Another brand or year?

Well that's a bummer. So I can re-do only one side? I guess I should have purchased all the decals at once. But... I'm wondering if you (or I) need to re-do all the decals, why wouldn't it work to purchase decals from another year, or even from another manufacturer of the same size rig? Place them where they look good. I don't really care if they are exactly the same, unless the existing decals leave marks on the side walls that would still show unless covered exactly?
Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #27

What about decals from a newer year Sunseeker?

I was camped last week near a 2012 Sunseeker - longer than mine, but the decals looked exactly the same. I'd check with Kathy Wing again - maybe a newer model's decals would work.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #28

Frequently chassis are a year older than the unit title shows due to manufacturers stocking chassis. My 2001 class c had a 2000 ford chassis
Shrpram2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #29

Mine faded and cracked and after all the work of removing them I would never put something back on that I know will go bad in a few years.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by klspahr View Post
Mine faded and cracked and after all the work of removing them I would never put something back on that I know will go bad in a few years.
That would make a lot of sense if your RV is exposed to the sun all the time. I only had about 6 ft. of one side that was not protected from the sun for 10 years. Half of that one decal cracked and faded. The rest looks factory new. If I can get that one decal replaced I'll be happy. I'll Protect all of that side from now on.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlinessigns View Post
I own a signmaking,decal and graphic company in Calgary Alberta and quite a bit of our business is recreating logos and decals for bodyshops after hail storms or accidents. One of the perks was updating my 1979 prowler to all circa 2000 era logos (and making my fridge "stainless steel!). I am sure in your area there is an automotive sign/decal shop that would be able to help you, and the longer they have been in business means more selection of individual brands (i.e. No setup charge for you...). Your new decals will also be MUCH better quality, and if done with multiple layers of colored vinyl (like they did before everything was silkscreened or printed onto white) you cab be assured that the colors will hardly fade, even after 8 or 10 years "facing south"!
Do you have any mid 2000 Forester images? Cant seem to attach image
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #32

Thank you so much for your response. I've found someone to do the work for me, and it will be free. Haha. My son. He's been in the business of refinishing fiberglass and also has an auto body shop, they repair, paint and restore vehicles, been doing this for over 25 years, and he's a perfectionist, so I know it will be a good job. He seemed to think that the paint would last around 10 years, even in the desert, much longer than decals would. I can't wait - it will be like having a new motorhome. I sure appreciate your answer, and hope it will give some other forum readers good ideas.