Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #1

Resort Property

Ok I know there are full timers, part timers and there are the want to bees that would be me and my DH. My question is, do any of you belong to or live at an RV Resort? Not a time share thing, There are a few around here, you buy the lot you want, the ones at this place are about 100’ X 50’ they have concrete pads and patios that are stained and stamped, you can have a little building/room put on your lot (they have to build it), they do the yard work, they have the club house, pools, the lake, fishing pond, play grounds, laundry rooms, and, shower house. I would say that it is like an upscale campground, but you own your lot, at this place you can rent it out when you are not there. I would like to know if any of you have bought property at a place like this and what your feeling are about it.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
semi-senior member

We bought a lot at a place like you are describing just last March. We are north of Tampa in Crystal River Fl. We had been looking for a couple of years, Like the idea we no longer have to worry about reservations. We stayed north of Tampa because it is just less populated and does get cooler than on farther south. We so far like it, if you can buy for right price and sell later on it beats all the rent for nothing. You will just have to decide if that is what you really want, IMHO and you know what opinions are worth. Best o Luck

Happy Camping!!!
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7HO
Aisin 6speed Auto
SE Mo
denandra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Ok I know there are full timers, part timers and there are the want to bees that would be me and my DH. My question is, do any of you belong to or live at an RV Resort? Not a time share thing, There are a few around here, you buy the lot you want, the ones at this place are about 100’ X 50’ they have concrete pads and patios that are stained and stamped, you can have a little building/room put on your lot (they have to build it), they do the yard work, they have the club house, pools, the lake, fishing pond, play grounds, laundry rooms, and, shower house. I would say that it is like an upscale campground, but you own your lot, at this place you can rent it out when you are not there. I would like to know if any of you have bought property at a place like this and what your feeling are about it.

Sounds nice!
What is the usual cost of lots like this?
Do you have to pay monthly or yearly fees to use the amenities?
Do you pay for your own utilities?

2012 3121DS Forester

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by denandra2 View Post
We bought a lot at a place like you are describing just last March. We are north of Tampa in Crystal River Fl. We had been looking for a couple of years, Like the idea we no longer have to worry about reservations. We stayed north of Tampa because it is just less populated and does get cooler than on farther south. We so far like it, if you can buy for right price and sell later on it beats all the rent for nothing. You will just have to decide if that is what you really want, IMHO and you know what opinions are worth. Best o Luck

Happy Camping!!!
What is the name of this place.??? I might be interested in purchasing there.
CCreek5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denandra2 View Post

Happy Camping!!!
What is the name of this place.? we might be interested.
CCreek5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #6

Resort Property

We don't own one, but we rented a spot and had time to ask a lot of questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410040749.330132.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	62237
This is at Big Bear Shores RV resort in Big Bear California. Staff was great and property well kept ( aside from the people trying to sell their spots and now keeping them up). They had a minimum length of 25' feet of rig to stay.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410040883.535780.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	62238
Utilities were included in the 225/month dues. Owner wanted 125k for the spot we rented. There were lakeside spots for sale for 560k- MH's only on those spots.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410041124.065967.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	62239[

ATTACH]62240[/ATTACH]

It is a seasonal spot though- snow in winter. We will be back and rent again.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410041147.276824.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	797.6 KB
ID:	62240  

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

We stay at an offshoot of Deer Creek in Davenport, FL called Fawn Ridge which is a resort type you are referring to and borders Deer Creek. Very nice resort. Welcome to Deer Creek RV
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
We have stayed at Traverse Bay RV Resort in Traverse City, Michigan. This is the type of RV resort you're talking about. Fifth wheels and MH's only, no travel trailers and nothing older than 10 years. Lots started at 65,000 and went up.

$70 a nite was very reasonable.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #9

Wow. That place at Big Bear looked amazing.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #10

OC - thought of you when I went past a 2' x 2' wood sign that read "old coot's lodge" up at Big Bear. Hard to take a pic at 40 mph though.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #11
semi-senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCreek5th View Post
What is the name of this place.??? I might be interested in purchasing there.
Nature Coast Landings RV Resort (NCL) There is a web site you can look it up on and a list of lots for sale and lots for rent. All sites have full hookup and 50amp service. We like it so far!!
Naturecoastlandings.com and naturecoastlandingsrvresort.com
Happy Camping
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7HO
Aisin 6speed Auto
SE Mo
denandra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #12

Resort Property

We look into owning a resort lot as you are talking about a few years ago.

Our thought was to be able to rent it out some when we were not there. They said that had several that do that.

Checking closer it worked like this:: you turn the renting over to them. If your lot got rented out they kept a certain % and gave you the rest. I even thought that was ok but they did not put the lots in the rental pool on a rotation?? What they did was paint a yellow 6" dot on the lots that were in the pool. If you came in and wanted to rent a lot you go out and pick one with a dot and come back in and rent it.

It was a very up scale resort that was near Ft Myers. Lots were in the $90,000 range with $1800 per year maintenance fee + utilities the best I remember.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote