Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #1

Question roadside assistance

Is there any main difference between Good Sam RV Platinum+ and Coachnet Platinum+ ? What we have right now does not cover the TT. Utterly useless cost us $101.00 to have a tow then $500.00 for axle replacement because of a bad tow.
Anyone who has either of these sound off abut the good and bad of either plan.
Thanks
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #2

I have Good Sams, The best one they offer with everything towing 100 miles, my cars and there service advice to help when they come out. I also know that they send someone ready to do a job. If you meant Coachmen that comes with the first year warranty, I had a flat tire called waited for an hour and a half. When the person showed up he was in a car and asked if I had a jack? Now if I had a jack why call them? I dropped them and AAA on my cars and went with GS for everything, they cover your trailer, TV and all your cars under the the same plan. That's just my experience with them. I was also in a big Town or City Lumberton NC. I'm sure others have had a positive experience with them, but that's my history with them.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #3

Check the coverage you might already have included in your RV/Auto insurance policies. Roadside assistance is included in mine. Why pay extra for something you already have?

2009 Rockwood 2701SS
2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post
Check the coverage you might already have included in your RV/Auto insurance policies. Roadside assistance is included in mine. Why pay extra for something you already have?
You might want to check with your RV/auto insurance carrier to be sure that if your truck breaks down and you need a tow they will take care of your trailer too. I've heard stories of RVers having to leave their trailer on the side of the road. Just saying...

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:39 AM   #5

I’ve heard good and bad stories for both Coach-Net and Good Sam. I think it’s a matter of 6 of one, half-dozen of another. My own personal experience has been with Good Sam. My truck broke down on I-70 in Colorado. Good Sam found a repair facility that could take the truck that day AND found a place where our fifth wheel could be dropped off. The monster of a tow truck showed up within 90 minutes of the call and towed our rig 10 miles to Silverthorne, CO. Good Sam called us back to make sure we had been taken care of. The tow cost us nothing.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #6

I had my first experience with Forest River's roadside assistance (5th wheel came with 1 year free) today. They were great. I hooked up the trailer in a downpour and the truck and trailer slid into our fence on the way out. TV had no traction in the mud. They had an extra large tow truck there in an hour and a half. Received follow up calls to make sure everything was ok and that the tow had arrived. Winched them out together in 15 minutes. No charge. My thanks to Gray's towing out of Flint and Forrest River Roadside Assistance. With their help we are camping tonight. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1412383539.263257.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	709.9 KB
ID:	64063
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1412384118.536960.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	984.7 KB
ID:	64064  

xs1ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

I've now had 2 experiences with Coachnet...one towing for a blowout (twice for same event as the 1st place had no right sized tires)...and the other for technical advice when my Lippert leveling jacks refused to retract.
In both instances the service was prompt and good so I will be renewing with them when that comes in the mail. I'm sure GoodSam provides good service as well and my first inclination was to go with them...but Coach Net was free for the 1st year through FR...so it was a no brainer. Now I'll reward them for their service.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #8

I have always used Good Sam and service has been great.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
Director, FROG

You get a free year of Coach-Net service with the purchase of a Forest River RV. When it's time to renew, call them and let them know that you're a FROG member and you'll save $10.

There's more information on the first page of the FROG website, www.forestriverfrog.com.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #10

Staying with GS

Had three call outs for flats on rig. Two China bombs and one side wall puncture. One call out when pigtail got loose and dragged on interstate and rubbed through rubber. Tech came and replaced pigtail in parking area, and two mechanical problems with tractor that were taken care of by the mobil mechanic. I am well satisfied with Good Sam. Can't switch to CoachNet because they will not cover three axle tow vehicles, regardless of what some people (know it alls) say on other forums.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #11

I have never had either of the usual programs, but have had AAA for 30 years. I upgraded to RV+, and have had no problem with towing, or tire changes. Once had a tow, where he put the truck on the flat bed, then hitched the trailer to his rig and took us to the dealer.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #12

I've had Good Sam since 2004. Have used them several times, both for
the TV, another vehicle and the TT. Recently had a flat (shredded) tire while on the Interstate. The dispatcher wanted to send someone from a city that was 150 miles away, but I convinced her to find someone local. She sent an excellent person to change the tire. I've always had good service from GS.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #13

Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Been with them since 2008. Used them for the first time 3 weeks ago when the keys got locked in the car late one day at the campground. Called them and the first thing they wanted to know was, "if we were in a safe place"!!! (DW liked that a lot). I told them they could come in the morning. They made an appointment for 9am. 8:20am they called to tell us someone was on the way. 9:05am the guy called apologizing for being late and said he'd be there in 15 minutes. He arrived as said, and in 5 minutes, had the car unlocked and was on his way. Follow up calls followed to make sure we were taken care of properly and satisfactorily.

Great Job Good Sam!!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote