Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
I have never had any coverage as far as AAA etc. because I thought I could repair anything that might happen. Several months ago the DW was going to make several trips to Florida so I thought I would go with AAA. I have their App on my Iphone. I had a blow out on my truck this past Sunday morning while pulling my travel trailer. I thought...I will change my tire beside the interstate then it hit me..duh..I have AAA. I hit the app, called the main contact point, told them my situation. In just a few minutes someone called me and told me a tire service in my vicinity had been notified. A few minutes later a fellow called me from the tire repair facility...he was there within 20 minutes. This happened on I 16 near Dublin, GA. Within one hour of my blow out I was back on the road....this paid for my yearly fees.

2009 Palomino Puma 25RS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Originally Posted by caper
Before you sign up to a roadside assistance program ask them how they will tow your trailer if you have a bearing gone. The only method is by using a low bed trailer. If they do not give you the correct answer do not go with this company. I have CAA (AAA) RV plus. Had a bearing go on a busy 4 lane highway with out shoulder. Tow truck driver replaced bearing on side of road. CAA not able to find a low bed trailer and my TT could not be towed. I would recommend CAA.
Great! We have CAA RV plus as well and have been thinking about changing to Good Sam's but after reading from your experience, I think we may just stay with CAA RV plus.

2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
I have CoachNet because it came with a free one year subscription. I had read about emergency road service on another site. I will probably renew with CoachNet. It's one of those things that you have and hope you never have to use..I do have AAA emergency road service, because we had it before we bought our travel trailer and will be getting rid of that soon.

2014 F150, Supercrew, 3.5L Eco-Boost, 3.73, Max Tow
2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670 BHS
TravelTracer is offline   Reply With Quote