Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #21
We have GS and FMCA. Also passport and KOA. I saved a Tom in insurance with GS on the MH and car. We use Camping World and never found them pushy or rude. Always friendly and helpful. They contributed to a fund raiser we had for Wounded Warrior and just find them to be a first class company. FMCA is also a great place for info if you but a MH.

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
If you plan on staying at your state's parks, see if they have a state park pass. I always carry the Texas State Parks card, saves us the daily usage fees.

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #23
Originally Posted by sinksbsu View Post
We will be picking up our new (and first) RV soon and are wondering about the value of clubs like the Goo Sam Club. We're interested in hearing feedback from other RV owners' experience/insight about these clubs. Thanks in advance for your help.
The Good Sam's club membership is worth it, I use it every time when I am at a Camping World and they will match their own internet sales prices too. You'll also get discounts when using campgrounds.

Since you are getting a new RV and your first, the discount on items you will be needing for the RV will have already pay itself off when you shop at CW.
98 Chevy Silverado C3500 crewcab, 454 cu in & 2013 Salem Cruise-Lite 181BHXL
FRF and FROG member
Days camped in 2012 (3), 2013 (3), 2014 (6)
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #24
Happy GS Lifetime member here, it's paid for itself in campground discounts and is nice to have with CW and other discounts.

I also have a yearly state park pass, in Ga that not only covers the daily fee but it also gives you a 10% discount on camping.
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #25
Site Team
Also, they have a volunteer program called Standby Sam's, which are listed online and in a booklet. You can contact these folks for questions about service in their areas. I've been contacted 3 times over the past 8 years. Once for location of transmission shops near me. Once for best route thru my town an campground info. And once for potable water for a couple stranded nearby.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
Site Team
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
The Good Sam's club membership is worth it, I use it every time when I am at a Camping World and they will match their own internet sales prices too. You'll also get discounts when using campgrounds.

Since you are getting a new RV and your first, the discount on items you will be needing for the RV will have already pay itself off when you shop at CW.
x2 on this. I bought a 3 year GS for $72, then I got $147 off CW's retail prices when doing my initial "stock the trailer with everything FRF told me to buy" shopping spree. So from this point on for the next few years the discounts I save at GS related campgrounds is just free money.

(Note: Yes, I acknowledge that you Amazon prime members can get stuff cheaper than CW. But as a Canadian, I can't take advantage of that and CW with the GS discount is a much better deal than other brick and mortar stores.)

Having young kids, I also do a lot of KOAs so I picked up their discount. I now find myself actively looking for the KOA options in places we camp vs other places like Jellystones in order to leverage the most out of that membership.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #27
I was at CW buying a few things about a month back and they talked me into it. It was a tough sell considering the she was willing to take off $50 off my bill for having it. It already paid for itself.

It's all about how the sales person approaches it. She asked first and I said "no thanks". She rung all my stuff up and says.."It will be $250 unless you want the $50 membership that will save you $55 today. (using ballpark prices) Uhhhh....ok! Who is going to say NO to that?
TT = 2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK
TV = 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L V8
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #28
Yes, we have the GS club membership - we use it at the Camping World stores. The staff has always been great there!
steepgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #29
I second the GS recommendation by kaadk just for the CW discounts. I'm also in Canada and the local RV accessory purchasing options are few and outrageously priced.

I've been making the Hamburg NY CW a stop along the way on a twice-yearly trip I make to Cherry Springs Stage Park in PA for quite a few years now.

The membership has paid for itself many times over just in discounts... your GS card always gets you the internet price plus Canadians can print out an additional 10%-off coupon good at many border stores.

We traded-up to a 5er and on my last trip with the old TT I had a whole bunch of stuff to (re)purchase. Spent about $750 on stuff that would have easily been over $2000 locally. The 5er just came in yesterday and our shakedown trip is in early July and we're already planning a trip to the Hamburg CW for round two of shopping.

We also have a big Florida vacation next winter and have used our GS membership for discounts on the reservations for that. We used to have a KOA membership and let it lapse but will probably be rejoining for wider discount options.

Another few kudos to Camping World and the Hamburg store in particular. 1) one of the items I bought last trip was on a great sale (about $300 less than the same item in Canada) but when I called before the trip they said they had sold their last one and probably wouldn't get another soon enough from the warehouse. They searched, found one in Syracuse and FedEx'd it to Hamburg to hold (and I wasn't even asked to pay for it on the phone). 2) On my return leg from PA, I hit a deer on the highway (in the middle of the day). One missed the truck but the other demolished the cargo door on the trailer. I was very close to CW and so went there. It was a Friday afternoon but they took me in within an hour, cut a piece of plywood to screw over the frame to keep stuff from falling out and even washed the huge amount of blood, gore and poop off the side. Now I call that service!
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #30
Site Team
I have Good Sams discount and got my money worth out of it at CW until recently due to a change in buying habits. Not sure if I'm going to renew when it expires this time but will do the math before deciding.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote

good sam