Old 09-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #51

I do the same thing I window shop at cw then I go online to Ebay or Walmart.I will check out Amazon. I do a lot of camping in the state and core parks .We get 50% off in core and 4.50 a nite in the state parks.I want to try the privates ones but some of them are high around here.For the propane I get it free I just got my tank fill.I have three tanks when I run out of one on the trailer then I put the spare on then give my empty to my buddy to be refill.I am a new member of Good Sam and Pa Samboree this is my first year didn't use either yet

2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #52

RV Clubs (e.g. Good Sam Club) - Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
I do the same thing I window shop at cw then I go online to Ebay or Walmart.I will check out Amazon. I do a lot of camping in the state and core parks .We get 50% off in core and 4.50 a nite in the state parks.I want to try the privates ones but some of them are high around here.For the propane I get it free I just got my tank fill.I have three tanks when I run out of one on the trailer then I put the spare on then give my empty to my buddy to be refill.I am a new member of Good Sam and Pa Samboree this is my first year didn't use either yet

State parks at $4.50 per night. That good deal. Is that something the state of Pa does? Do you get electric & water?? Or does it read that you get $4.50 off the regular fee?? Also how does the "free" LP work? Thanks

Russell

Old 09-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #53

I will not own a membership in CW, If they can't sell me merchandise at the same price as a member they can keep it.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #54

CW drives me crazy. Every day there is another spam from them in my email. Who thinks we have enough time to get these things everyday. And it's always a sale and it makes me feel like if I ever buy something from CW and I'm not lucky enough for it to be on sale, I just got ripped off. And even the sale price is equal to the normal price elsewhere. Generally not a good experience dealing with CW. Good Sams itself is OK, just OK.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #55

Hitting that delete button is exhausting. You can set that address to spam and you will never see it. That's what I do. I shop at CW often and enjoy their very good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
State parks at $4.50 per night. That good deal. Is that something the state of Pa does? Do you get electric & water?? Or does it read that you get $4.50 off the regular fee?? Also how does the "free" LP work? Thanks

Russell
I dont get it for $4.50 a nite I get that off the price and it include elec.only.You have to know some one to get free gas
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post

Hopefully your friend owns the LP he is giving away. I'm sure that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #58

We are going to let our KOA expire, we haven't been as happy with them as we have with other private parks on our travels and it seems they are on the high side of pricing usually.

Don't get me wrong we have stayed in a couple of real nice KOA's but going forward prefer state parks and privately owned parks. We like GS and have found better parks and better pricing in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
CW drives me crazy. Every day there is another spam from them in my email. Who thinks we have enough time to get these things everyday. And it's always a sale and it makes me feel like if I ever buy something from CW and I'm not lucky enough for it to be on sale, I just got ripped off. And even the sale price is equal to the normal price elsewhere. Generally not a good experience dealing with CW. Good Sams itself is OK, just OK.
If it comes up cheaper then you bought it for in 30 days, call them and they will give you a credit if your nice about it. Also I never had a problem returning things that broke or something no matter how long I owned it. They are very good about that and their Customer relations. Now saying that I probably paid for a new store for them also. But I would never use them for service unless in an emergency...... Also GS and CW have the same CEO.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #60

I believe you have to spend at least $100 with Camping World to get the free shipping. When you are at the store though you get a pretty good discount. We have the roadside assistance and we think it is worth the cost. Good Luck!

Tags
good sam