Old 08-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrev87 View Post
DW and I just sent the signed paper work to RV Direct and they will send in the order for our Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 829RKSS today! I am excited but a little nervous also. I have never made such a big purchase over the computer and phone. Rebecca said we should hear back in 2 or 3 days about an aprox. date of completion from the manufacturer.
Good to hear that you DID IT - Rebecca is the same sales lady we had over two years ago - good to hear she is still there.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #12

Not to hijack your thread, but we have the sister to this model - the Rockwood 8293RKSS and we absolutely LOVE it. It suits our needs perfectly and we can't say enough good things about the HUGE bathroom and the outside kitchen. And this big, beautiful space sleeps exactly - 2!!!! Just the way we wanted it.

trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
Stay Classy San Diego

We picked ours up at the Buffalo location two weeks ago. Our experience was a little different because they had the model we wanted in stock. I had priced one online and received an email from Rebecca stating there was one in Buffalo, just 45 minutes from us. Saw it and loved it. Very easy buying experience. Everyone was very professional and helpful. A real pleasure start to finish
Old 08-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #14

Recommend TerryTown RV in Grand Rapids, MI

Fellow Campers,
I've heard of lots of satisfied customers going thru RVDirect but I recommend you check out TerryTown RV in Grand Rapids, MI. I bought a custom-ordered Rockwood trailer thru them last year - and had a very pleasant experience. My sales rep's name is Tom Boynton, give Tom & TerryTown a shot to earn your business - you won't be sorry. Happy Camping!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #15

Bought ours from RvDirect. Picked up in DesMoines in March. Everything went very well. Paperwork sent to us was all in order and easy to get title and plates. PDI was very complete. They spent lots of time going over things then let us do our own inspection and came back to answer more questions.

Pick up location is in a wharehouse district. Our inspection was done inside a large garage (it's cold there in March) . Full service dealership is a couple miles away.

We saved $8000 over the best price a dealer would give us. Dealer was 5 hours away. DesMoines pickup was 6 hours (different direction) . So far we have had no need for warranty work. Had one issue where FR offered to locate a repair shop but gladly sent the needed part when I said I could fix it myself.

Overall experience with RvDirect was outstanding. Will do it again (but not soon, since we love what we have) .
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #16

We have finally decided on a Rockwood 2604. Price quote from RVDirect was mediocre compared to RVW Wholesalers. This was a disappointment because I live about two hours from RVDirect in Orlando. Does anyone here have experience with RVW Wholesalers? From what I read elsewhere, they offer a very low price (in my case it was $4000 less than RV Direct) by pretty much abandon you after the sale. Servicing must be done elsewhere. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #17

Alerra,
Congrats on your selection of the Rockwood 2604 - it's an awesome floorplan and the one I wanted but wound up getting the smaller 2304S instead. Whatever price you get from RVWholesalers, take that price to Mr. Tom Boynton at TerryTown RV (Grand Rapids, MI). I think he can match it and perhaps even beat it. I spent a long time researching various "wholesale" dealers and decided TerryTown was the "right" one for me. I hadn't even slept in a travel trailer before, but Tom made the whole transaction (about 15 phone calls & 50 e-mails, mostly novice questions from me to Tom) extremely pleasant and informative. I'm a military guy, 25+ years. The "deal" I got included the hitch and brake assembly, full orientation, propane, hoses, etc. TerryTown even let me camp in their locked parking lot that night just to make sure I was "okay" with the trailer. On top of that, Tom paid for me to stay one night at a beautiful RV resort (Hidden Ridge) about 20 miles from TerryTown. You're likely buying a unit that RVW has in stock. TerryTown's 115 miles from the Rockwood factory and have many trailers on their lot just like RVW, including the 2604 model. But they can also order one straight from the factory. That's what I did, which allowed me to get upgrades I felt were important. I had to wait 6 weeks to get it, but it was worth it. I will be upgrading in the future and have every intention of going back to Tom Boynton and TerryTown. I drove 2K+ miles one-way to get to TerryTown and have Zero regrets a year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerra View Post
We have finally decided on a Rockwood 2604. Price quote from RVDirect was mediocre compared to RVW Wholesalers. This was a disappointment because I live about two hours from RVDirect in Orlando. Does anyone here have experience with RVW Wholesalers? From what I read elsewhere, they offer a very low price (in my case it was $4000 less than RV Direct) by pretty much abandon you after the sale. Servicing must be done elsewhere. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #18

Thanks for the advice. I will check TerryTown RV. I have a question, though. From what I understand the problem is with RVW Wholesalers is that other dealers often refuse to do warranty work when a unit is bought elsewhere. I would imagine that would also be the case with TerryTown RV or any remote dealer.

I'm not clear on how this works with RVs. When you buy a car, you can have it serviced anywhere. The car manufacturers would not allow a dealer to refuse service to a car owner under legitimate warranty under any circumstance.

Clarification on this would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerra
Thanks for the advice. I will check TerryTown RV. I have a question, though. From what I understand the problem is with RVW Wholesalers is that other dealers often refuse to do warranty work when a unit is bought elsewhere. I would imagine that would also be the case with TerryTown RV or any remote dealer.

I'm not clear on how this works with RVs. When you buy a car, you can have it serviced anywhere. The car manufacturers would not allow a dealer to refuse service to a car owner under legitimate warranty under any circumstance.

Clarification on this would be appreciated.
Your local dealer may,can refuse to do warranty work and or put you at the bottom of the list for warranty repairs if you don't buy from them .
Albeit bad business that's there choice.
Plenty of people complain about this after buying from a wholesaler and saving money only to find out there dealer close by refuses to work on it.
Ron
Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #20

It's funny how people have different experiences with dealers. I called terry town to get a quote. I already had one in hand from rv direct. I don't remember the exact numbers but recall terry town being about $5000 / 9% higher than rv direct. Moreover, the guy in sales that I spoke to had what could only be described as an extreme take it or leave it attitude. I remember hanging up and thinking I wouldn't even buy toilet paper from them.

'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote